The Walking Dead

mcm1610

loved. this.

i read the comics, and watched it with a friend who also read them, and my sister and bro-in-law who hadn't read them, so it was interesting hearing the different takes on it.

Should I read the comics or just wait to be surprised by the show? My girlfriend asked me to track down a few because she wants to read them, so they'll be available to me. I'm leaning towards yes.

I enjoyed the pilot a lot. If you didn't watch it in HD you really missed out. It's filmed on 16mm and it looks fantastic. The way the show "looks" was almost as good as the show itself.

This will probably be the last zombie thing I can get into. Zombies are becoming over-saturated in our media these days.

Also, I just realized the main dude was in Love Actually, now I'm not sure if I can take him serious anymore, haha jk.

[image]

loved. this.

i read the comics, and watched it with a friend who also read them, and my sister and bro-in-law who hadn't read them, so it was interesting hearing the different takes on it.

Should I read the comics or just wait to be surprised by the show? My girlfriend asked me to track down a few because she wants to read them, so they'll be available to me. I'm leaning towards yes.

I enjoyed the pilot a lot. If you didn't watch it in HD you really missed out. It's filmed on 16mm and it looks fantastic. The way the show "looks" was almost as good as the show itself.

This will probably be the last zombie thing I can get into. Zombies are becoming over-saturated in our media these days.

Also, I just realized the main dude was in Love Actually, now I'm not sure if I can take him serious anymore, haha jk.

[image]

You're best bet is to go for the hardcover volumes which has 12 issues in each there are currently 6 hardcovers, the trade paperbacks are cheaper(amazon has these for around $11), but only have 6 issues per paperback, there are currently 13 of those so you get way more in the hardcover plus they look cool (amazon has them for around $23). And if you're feeling really intense you could go for the compendium vol.1 which is huge it has 48 issues in it, but not terrible expensive, about $35 from amazon, considering how many issues you get in it.

[image]

You're best bet is to go for the hardcover volumes which has 12 issues in each there are currently 6 hardcovers, the trade paperbacks are cheaper(amazon has these for around $11), but only have 6 issues per paperback, there are currently 13 of those so you get way more in the hardcover plus they look cool (amazon has them for around $23). And if you're feeling really intense you could go for the compendium vol.1 which is huge it has 48 issues in it, but not terrible expensive, about $35 from amazon, considering how many issues you get in it.

I'll more than likely buy them for my iPad via the Walking Dead app. It's $2 an issue, which is fair.

Reading comics via Comixology's apps are great!

loved. this.

[image]

i definitely recommend reading them. excellent reading, and i'm not a comic book fan. i've borrowed them all from my friend and went through the first 5 books in a couple weeks.

it's a shame about the zombie thing. i've been enamored with them long before they were so mainstream, so i'm stoked that there's so much zombie related material out there. but much like when your favorite band gets popular, i'm a little weary of all the bandwagon jumpers.

also, my reading for today:

[image]

(complete with sleeping puppy calendar in the background)

[image]

i definitely recommend reading them. excellent reading, and i'm not a comic book fan. i've borrowed them all from my friend and went through the first 5 books in a couple weeks.

it's a shame about the zombie thing. i've been enamored with them long before they were so mainstream, so i'm stoked that there's so much zombie related material out there. but much like when your favorite band gets popular, i'm a little weary of all the bandwagon jumpers.

also, my reading for today:

[image]

(complete with sleeping puppy calendar in the background)

Oh man my copy came in the mail today, I can't wait to read it.