The Walking Dead

mcm1610

Went to a local theater last night to catch the premiere. I totally underestimated the appeal of this show as my girlfriend and I literally got the last two seats that were next to one another.

So far... I'd give the show a B. They haven't really treaded any new ground but from what I've read that's just how the start of the series is. Once you get past the initial story set up it starts to tread into new territory. I'll be tuning in to watch in the upcoming weeks (well, seeing it at the theater since I don't have cable) for sure. And I'll most likely begin reading the comic books.

i made my mom watch this show with me last night (so stoked it was ondemand and i could rewatch!) and she even stopped knitting to watch it. so you know it has more appeal than just the blood-and-guts crowd.

ALSO:

http://www.medialifemagazine.com/artman2/publish/Cable_20/Lively-debut-for-AMC-s-The-Walking-Dead-.asp

AMC's new show "The Walking Dead" became the most-watched new series debut this year among adults 18-49, as well as the most-watched debut ever on the network, after a worldwide advertising campaign to pump the show.

"Dead" averaged 3.6 million 18-49s Sunday at 10 p.m., surpassing previous notable debuts like TNT's "Rizzoli & Isles" and USA's "Covert Affairs" over the summer.

Overall, "Dead" drew 5.3 million total viewers, bettering notable AMC series like "Mad Men," "Breaking Bad" and "Rubicon."

Why is this not on "In Demand"Other AMC shows are....I missed this thinking I would catch it on Demand on Monday....but NO, not avail. Sucks....Guess I'll catch it on the 5th, hopefully

it is!

at least, i re-watched it on monday night ondemand. i didn't find it under amc though; i just went under the alphabetically listed television shows and there it was!

Why is this not on "In Demand"Other AMC shows are....I missed this thinking I would catch it on Demand on Monday....but NO, not avail. Sucks....Guess I'll catch it on the 5th, hopefully

it is!

at least, i re-watched it on monday night ondemand. i didn't find it under amc though; i just went under the alphabetically listed television shows and there it was!

I still can't find it...only a bunch of extras and shorts, but not the actual program....Even everything A-Z didn't see it....I'll look again.

Guest markovianprocess

it is!

I still can't find it...only a bunch of extras and shorts, but not the actual program....Even everything A-Z didn't see it....I'll look again.

http://www.sidereel.com/The_Walking_Dead/_season/1/_episode/1/_search

it is!

that's so weird. i definitely watched it on monday, along with some of the extras they had up there. those tricksy cable people; i bet they're hiding it!

good, not amazing to me yet. hoping to take more away from it. cliché parts are kinda killing it for me so far.

28 Days Later hospital wake up for the deputy. going into the city for "help" and finding a mess of hungry zombies. I feel bad for the poor horse that got eaten, no protection.

I like the 16mm shots, not the delay on gunshots and blood splatter ;) it feels like a series that would have come out in the 70's with Dawn Of The Dead. good visual aesthetic. it should be an interesting series, especially with all the viewership.

to all the people complaining about the similarities to 28 days later, this comic first came out in 2003, and that movie came out in 2002, which means they were probably in production/being made at around the same time, so i doubt one stole the hospital wake up idea from the other. plus, 28 days later isn't even about zombies.

/zombie elitist rant

to all the people complaining about the similarities to 28 days later, this comic first came out in 2003, and that movie came out in 2002, which means they were probably in production/being made at around the same time, so i doubt one stole the hospital wake up idea from the other. plus, 28 days later isn't even about zombies.

/zombie elitist rant

infections, zombies, whatever. both biochemical reactions of some sort. both involved people needing to be killed by a gunshot to the head or dismemberment. both bit/ate/feasted on people and would "pass it on". it's arguably the same basic concept.

28 Days Later all up in this bitch!

[image]

i haven't read the comics though, but meh. too elitist snob to read nerdy comicbooks anyway. ;)

It premiered here tonight, i was busy so i recorded it. Will be watching it tomorrow.

Stayed up until 2:30am last night at my Fest hotel room watching this on a cruddy TV. Totally loved it. Super-bummed that my satellite package doesn't have AMC now.

Hello dude, how was you Gatordogs? It was good to see you, even if it was for 4 seconds through a window!

I stayed up to watch it on AMC at fest to, but seriously, how many adverts? I think i made it through the first 4 breaks and gave up!