The Walking Dead

mcm1610

2 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I've been hoping they'd kill Rick for awhile, and I wouldn't have been surprised if they had killed Darryl instead of Abe or Glenn since he's not from the comics. Most of the S1 characters seem to be totally blowing it right now.

Yeah, but he'll never get offed because of all the obnoxious marketing/shirts/etc. He prints money.

9 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I've been hoping they'd kill Rick for awhile, and I wouldn't have been surprised if they had killed Darryl instead of Abe or Glenn since he's not from the comics. Most of the S1 characters seem to be totally blowing it right now.

I seem to recall the showrunners saying the show will essentially be over when/if Rick dies.  

46 minutes ago, Holo said:

Yeah, but he'll never get offed because of all the obnoxious marketing/shirts/etc. He prints money.

Oh I know he does. My dad wears fuckin' Rick Grimes shirts. 

42 minutes ago, aopps42 said:

I seem to recall the showrunners saying the show will essentially be over when/if Rick dies.  

That sucks. He's lost his mind and now his power. Now he's nothing but cheesy emotional dialogue. Coral needs to put him down. 

2 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

well, from what i understand carol is long-since dead in the comic as well so i dont think daryl not being in the comic has much to do with anything. plus, his popularity is just too high in spite of the fact that they havent done much with him the last season and a half or so (though i could see him or any other actor being written out of the show over pay or creative differences). the show is at about issue 100 of the comic whereas the comic is now around issue 160 (again, from what i understand - if im wrong, a comic reader can correct me) so there is still a whooole lot of ground to cover with rick, carl, negan, etc. 

Edited by mattisr1984

22 hours ago, mattisr1984 said:

well, from what i understand carol is long-since dead in the comic as well so i dont think daryl not being in the comic has much to do with anything. plus, his popularity is just too high in spite of the fact that they havent done much with him the last season and a half or so (though i could see him or any other actor being written out of the show over pay or creative differences). the show is at about issue 100 of the comic whereas the comic is now around issue 160 (again, from what i understand - if im wrong, a comic reader can correct me) so there is still a whooole lot of ground to cover with rick, carl, negan, etc. 

That is correct.  Negan is introduced and Glenn killed in issue 100 of the comics.  The issues that follow 100 are some of the best in the series.  While they obviously don't follow strict to the comics the tv crew now has a truly terrifying opponent to deal with.  It is always interesting to see the similarities and differences that pop up along with the how, when and which characters from the comics are introduced.  I am still wanting some Darryl in the comics.   

Just going to second that the comics following glens death in the comic are some of the very best.

Negan is a really diverse villain & I hope they get him right. 

Rick has been up and down for me. He is a badass in the comics.

I still don't care for Carol, hope the tiger eats her. 

• 2 weeks later...

My father went on a rant last night as we were watching the episode. He's all pissed and fed up with the Rick & Co. being all "pendejos" now for letting Negan manipulate and intimidate them now as he has been. I didn't even bother attempting to reason with him on the whole point so far of the show and how it played out in the comics. It was all too amusing to see him getting riled up and declaring that he will not watch anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought it was an OK episode. Tara isn't my favourite character. Even though it was short, I thought the best part was her returning at the end to find out what Negan did to the group.

What I don't understand is how all these other groups have had run ins with the Saviours, but Alexandria didn't know about them before. Were they really that isolated?

17 hours ago, Subdomestic said:

I thought it was an OK episode. Tara isn't my favourite character. Even though it was short, I thought the best part was her returning at the end to find out what Negan did to the group.

What I don't understand is how all these other groups have had run ins with the Saviours, but Alexandria didn't know about them before. Were they really that isolated?

I think it might be down to the fact that they didn't have any 'fighters' and never raised their head above the parapet. However, it could just be a classic plot flaw.

18 hours ago, Subdomestic said:

The thing with that to me is if they're going to do some character development for her that was a huge missed opportunity.  She gets back and finds out that Negan brutally executed two of her friends and we're left to imagine her dealing with thT off-camera but you spend an entire episode of her with this new settlement/bridge?  I think you could have had a spare 5 minutes fo address that. 

11 minutes ago, aopps42 said:

The thing with that to me is if they're going to do some character development for her that was a huge missed opportunity.  She gets back and finds out that Negan brutally executed two of her friends and we're left to imagine her dealing with thT off-camera but you spend an entire episode of her with this new settlement/bridge?  I think you could have had a spare 5 minutes fo address that. 

And that her gf is dead as well.

this show has more potential now than it ever has but the pacing is (still) completely horrible. we're two episodes away from the mid-season finale and we've only seen most major characters ONCE this season so far. i really wish they'd stop doing these singular episodes that focus on one or two specific characters just to save $$$ - i mean c'mon, its the highest rated show on cable. it totally kills all the suspension they work to build up and then when you bring characters back like heath for an episode it means i couldn't possibly care less about his whereabouts. 

On 11/28/2016 at 7:05 PM, mattisr1984 said:

this show has more potential now than it ever has but the pacing is (still) completely horrible. we're two episodes away from the mid-season finale and we've only seen most major characters ONCE this season so far. i really wish they'd stop doing these singular episodes that focus on one or two specific characters just to save $$$ - i mean c'mon, its the highest rated show on cable. it totally kills all the suspension they work to build up and then when you bring characters back like heath for an episode it means i couldn't possibly care less about his whereabouts. 

This  X a billion.  Could have spent 20 minutes on Tara & that other group.  Completely pointless for a whole episode.