The Walking Dead

mcm1610

Never been a fan of Richonne but eh, whatever. Always thought they were perfectly fine being just bros but it makes sense if Coral sees her as a mother figure I guess.

Also, they seem to become rather complacent again. Reading comic books in the wild, blasting music in the car. No wonder Jesus stole that truck right from under their noses lol.

I like Rick more so now than before. He teeters between keeping things civil but will turn up on the spot if he needs to haha.

Also it feels like they're setting up Abraham to bite it soon. I wouldn't be surprised if they swap him for Glenn when Negan actually shows up.

I was kinda hoping Abraham would bite it the same way as the book, but we'll see.

Actually....I could see him being the one to go out the way Glenn did, but instead of saying Rosita's name, he says Sasha's, ooooooh wheeee

I like Rick more so now than before. He teeters between keeping things civil but will turn up on the spot if he needs to haha.

Also it feels like they're setting up Abraham to bite it soon. I wouldn't be surprised if they swap him for Glenn when Negan actually shows up.

Totally feels that way now. I've had a feeling it was going to be someone different. Had a feeling it would be Darryl... but we will see

I've always loved Rick, but yeah I agree he seems to be in peak form at the moment.

When he stood up and was like "What?" like it was no big deal some dude just leaked all over his face, that was awesome haha.

I have a terrible feeling Michonne has it coming.  I never really seemed to care much about her character but now this Rick & Michonne arc has me loving the "super-couple" status they have, and now I feel like I'm being set up for a serious gut punch.  

I was kinda hoping Abraham would bite it the same way as the book, but we'll see.

Actually....I could see him being the one to go out the way Glenn did, but instead of saying Rosita's name, he says Sasha's, ooooooh wheeee

I'd like that. Nothing against Abraham, dude's a badass, but I'd much rather have him gone instead of Glenn or Daryl.

But yeah, good episode. Things are definitely getting exciting.

I agree with the first part but not the last. I definitely think they're setting up some sort of traumatic experience for Abraham whether that's the death of him, Rosita or Sasha. I don't think he'll get his comic death though considering Kirkman has made it clear he very much resents that one (although the show is the show and Gimple is in control) and I don't think he's necessarily worthy of the "big one" that'll come with Negan's first appearance. That death must go to one of the biggest characters in the show, which (at least in my opinion) brings it back down to Glenn or Daryl. I'm hoping for Daryl.

I remember reading an interview a while back that when Andrew Lincoln read the script for the season finale, it turned his stomach. He said he had never been so surprised or uncomfortable by the outcome of the show since it started. Now while I'm not saying Abraham isn't a major character, I have a feeling it may be a more major character. Although I can definitely see them killing off Abraham as well.

I think when taking into consideration a lot of the original character's plot armors (especially if you've read the comic and know what they're setting up for later down the road, I won't ruin it for anyone) there are really only a small handful of characters it CAN be.

Glenn - For the story
Daryl - For the shock
Morgan - Meh... not at all worthy in my opinion but a lot of people seem to think it could be him

But then again I could be entirely wrong. I guess we'll see what happens!

Them face bashing photos...gotdam.

Brutal, right? That's probably the first time since the scene with Rick slashing the baby pigs and throwing them as walker bait back at the prison that the show has made my stomach turn.

Also, I love the fact that The Saviors have a "grow house" in their compound. NA NA NA NA NA. It's the motherfuckin' N-E-G-A-N.

At this point, so many people are expecting Glenn, I wouldn't be surprised if they completely flip the script on it and make it someone else. They've done it with major deaths before.

I'd totally be fine with this. It feels like so many people know about Glenn in the comics that it would be more of a shock to NOT do it.

Here's what I'm thinking up until where I stopped reading the comics (which was around the prison era):

As far as I can remember Lori and Judith were both killed off pretty quickly, I feel like maybe they're setting up Maggie to have this outcome but with less brutality. Maybe she bites it instead of Glenn, and since she's pregnant you'd get the "ouch" factor from the books when this happened to Rick without having to graphically show it.

But like I've said many times, this show isn't very ballsy. This deep in the series I'd hope they'd make it more chaotic and start derailing what the viewer hopes for. Maybe they'll hit us with a curveball and off Rick or another all-star character but I wouldn't hold my breath.

As far as I can remember Lori and Judith were both killed off pretty quickly, I feel like maybe they're setting up Maggie to have this outcome but with less brutality. Maybe she bites it instead of Glenn, and since she's pregnant you'd get the "ouch" factor from the books when this happened to Rick without having to graphically show it.

The thing about that is...

They've been setting up her future comic storyline (which is her taking leadership of The Hilltop) for a while now with Dianna mentoring her and all. Now even more so with her having made the big deal with Gregory. Also in the comics following the death of Glenn and her new leadership role, she cuts her hair really short which is something we've already seen outside of the show.

I simply don't believe they would put so much effort into that story just to kill her off before it comes to fruition, therefor her plot armor keeps her safe I think. I think Tara sealed her fate when she told Denise she loved her and Denise said she'd say it back when she came back from her two weeks run with Heath. I specifically think she'll take the comic death of another character, one Kirkman regrets giving to the character who got it in the comics. It's an important death that doesn't necessarily have to go to a big character as it's just a means of introducing (or in this case reintroducing) a character from Negan's group.

As for Lucille... it's tricky because no matter what they do there will be people who are disappointed. Glenn and Daryl are both equally as predictable right now but it's vital to the story (at least in the comics -- they could approach it differently, I just hope it's done well if they do) that Glenn gets that death as it's what ultimately plays into what I wrote above in the spoiler tags. The death of Daryl would be more for shock value and selling the whole "nobody is safe" Game Of Thrones-esque aesthetic they've been trying to hit us with for years.

Story vs. Shock -- I love Glenn and I think he should get his iconic death, it's a crucial part of not only his story but everyone else's and how it effects each of them. With that said though, I think Daryl's character has gotten stale and I want to see all of the teeny bopper Daryl fans ("Kill Daryl and we'll riot!!!!!1") cry so the real fans can watch the show in peace.

...but of course I could be entirely wrong, this is just my two cents. I think Glenn and Daryl are the only reasonable candidates for the death. A lot of people think it should go to Morgan but I really don't believe he deserves it, he's not important enough and wouldn't provide the shock value or the effect that death needs to have on the characters for the story to progress. I guess the death could go to Carol but I believe her story is FAR from over and as one of the best actress/actors on the show/best character on the show (again, just my opinion) I think it would be a real shame to see her go so soon.

Just who are exactly the "real fans"? I've watched since day 1 and will personally be bummed if Daryl bites it.

And that's fine, but by "real fans" I meant those who will continue watching even if Daryl is killed off because they're a fan of the show as a whole and not just Daryl. A lot of these rabid Daryl fans (who are usually women) aren't even fans of the actor himself let alone the show. They make no effort to check out any of Norman's other work and they swear up, right, left and down that if Daryl dies they'll "riot" and stop watching the show.

If you stop watching a show because your favorite character dies/leaves, you're a fan of that character not of the show. A "real fan" would stick around. Another great example of that is my favorite show of all time, The Office.