The Walking Dead

mcm1610

4 hours ago, aopps42 said:

It's fun watching fear and comparing it to twd.  Despite our heroes being perpetual dumbasses in twd, I feel like some of the stuff the people fall for in fear would never happen in twd. Glad this season has started picking up, I was initially disappointed, but thought the last few weeks have been really good.

I think up until the last couple episodes there was still a lot of naivety with this world and they're starting to learn how evil people can be to survive.

I'm a little confused about the timeline but I feel like its still only a couple weeks old really.

18 minutes ago, himynameisShane said:

I started TWD over and I'm pretty sure Season 2 is my favorite of the series

I never understood why people say that season sucked.  Maybe I have a different view because the first time I watched it was on a binge so it moved quicker for me.  But Shane was such a great character & was the glue for that season.

Season 2 was a good study in how a show about zombies would look if no one in the show made any decisions for a whole season.  It was filled with entire episodes of people deliberating and talking about possibly making a decision but deciding it was not right to make a decision.  I remember there was an actual scene where we saw 3-5 of the girls on the farm folding laundry.

The last episode of season 2 is my favorite season finale of the show though.  That last shot of the zombie hoard coming was the first time we saw anything that massive or seemingly impossible to escape.

• 4 months later...

Nah, I don't think so. This show is awful. From the writing down to the acting. I personally find it difficult to find any redeeming qualities of it as a whole. It showed promise in the first season but didn't know where to take the plot in the second. What the writers fail to realize is something it already took many seasons for TWD to pick up on: the zombies are just a part of the setting and the real conflict and emotion lay with how the living treat the living. TWD has really kept the momentum up in recent years by introducing "big bads" and such that are mostly no different from the main cast. In FTWD, there doesn't feel like there is any real threat to main crew besides their own naiveté... and, thanks to TWD, we already know how that plays out. In FTWD, the zombies are not a real threat (in fact Nick often walks among them) and the living seem no more threatening or brutal than people are in real life without a zombie apocalypse.

• 3 weeks later...

I just finished the season ending last night and I agree about the show sucking.  Plus they always kill off the cool characters. The old guy who fooled everyone into thinking he was unable to be infected should still be a part of the show because he was leading a cult to thier death. Thats a trippy story in itself if you think deeply about it.  It was the blind leading the blind and it would have been better had they all stayed and got eaten with only Nick and Luciana escaping alive. Let's face it, the rest were basically just fillers for the show and died at the border anyway.  I am also upset that Chris died because his character was becoming darker and darker each week. He was a loose cannon waiting to explode.  He could have cause major chaos at a camp or something which could have added to the story but instead they just kill him after a car wreck.  The writing is just poor all around. 

But the regular walking dead is awesome!!  I can't wait to see Lucille crush Glen's skull cause its coming!!!  I also read that Maggie is going to lose her baby because of the stress of losing Glen. Carl takes a beating to after struggling to follow rules.  This season is going to be rediculous!

8 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Surprised that there have been no leaks of any info on who dies at Negan's hands so close to the season premiere now.

I found myself struggling to care with cliffhanger after cliffhanger.  I assume it will be Glenn, but in my mind he already died when he fell off the dumpster.   That said I'm looking forward to the new season, there should be some good story lines.

16 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Surprised that there have been no leaks of any info on who dies at Negan's hands so close to the season premiere now.

Though there hasn't really been a "leak", the Spoiling Dead Fans have been keeping tabs on which actors/actresses have been on set filming Season 7. It's fairly clear based on who hasn't been showing up, but I guess there is no guarantee until we see the actual show.

• 2 weeks later...