The Walking Dead

mcm1610

34 minutes ago, IanRees said:

Apparently Andrew Lincoln is leaving the show after season 9.

http://collider.com/andrew-lincoln-leaving-walking-dead-season-9/?utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=collidersocial&utm_medium=social

I have yet to watch the second half of this past season.

He dies atthe end of the season and season 9 is just Rick Grimes walking around.

On 5/30/2018 at 1:08 AM, IanRees said:

Apparently Andrew Lincoln is leaving the show after season 9.

http://collider.com/andrew-lincoln-leaving-walking-dead-season-9/?utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=collidersocial&utm_medium=social

I have yet to watch the second half of this past season.

Same. It's gotten inexcusably bad and when they got rid of Coral (especially under those rumoured circumstances), I knew it was just a matter of time until the show would die as well. Rick is the heart and soul of The Walking Dead and killing him off is like having Breaking Bad without Heisenberg or House of Cards without Frank Underwood. I used to be a big fan but I don't think I'll even bother with future seasons.

Listen, Rick was great, but his character is a lot of the reason that the show has become repetitive.  This last season was better than it has been, and ended really well.  It really should have been the end of the show, I wasn't sure how they'd manage to continue after the final there, but this could definitely be one way.

30 minutes ago, daegor said:

Listen, Rick was great, but his character is a lot of the reason that the show has become repetitive.  This last season was better than it has been, and ended really well.  It really should have been the end of the show, I wasn't sure how they'd manage to continue after the final there, but this could definitely be one way.

This right here.  Although I didn't like a good chunk of last season, most of it in fact, I agree that Rick does seem to be problematic moving forward.  Though I'm also seeing that Maggie is also likely to leave the show.  Her character development has slowed big time over the last couple of seasons though, so I don't think the show loses all that much if she leaves.  If anything I'd be excited to see where the show could go if those two big characters were gone.  

• 5 months later...
On 11/9/2018 at 10:14 PM, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Yo, season 9 has been pretty good.  No idea what Rick's ending means, but glad to see they jumped more in the future

Rick's story will be finished in 3 made-for-TV movies by AMC.  He's not done with Rick just yet, but doesn't want to leave home for 3 months at a time to film because his kids are getting older and he wants to be there for them. 

• 1 year later...