The Walking Dead

mcm1610

thank you!

i said the exact same thing. in the book i figured she did it once out of sadness about rick or just being scared.

my only other complaint is t-dogg. i don't think they called him by anything else, and i really, really hope that guy isn't supposed to be tyreese. he looks nowhere near as bad ass as tyreese is.

For all we know, that time in the forest was the first.

well, they were all over each other in their tent prior to their rendezvous in the woods, and it sure didn't seem like the first time. in the comics, she seemed disgusted with herself that she had hooked up with him that one time out of fear and to seek comfort, and was ridiculously guilty afterwards. in the tv show she's acting like a hussy.

i think it's a little upsetting for me because that changes the relationship dynamics a bit.

For all we know, that time in the forest was the first.

well, they were all over each other in their tent prior to their rendezvous in the woods, and it sure didn't seem like the first time. in the comics, she seemed disgusted with herself that she had hooked up with him that one time out of fear and to seek comfort, and was ridiculously guilty afterwards. in the tv show she's acting like a hussy.

i think it's a little upsetting for me because that changes the relationship dynamics a bit.

I totally agree, and really I have to say even more so now I CANNOT wait for what happens next with that situation, it can't come soon enough. If they get rid of that I don't know how I'll feel about the show. Hopefully you know what I'm talking about.

Kind of a little disappointed with last night's episode. Waaaaaaay too much drama and not enough zombie smashin'. Next week should up the ante though from what the trailer showed us...

if you're watching the show purely for the zombies, you're going to be sorely disappointed as the show progresses.

also, if rick doesn't find his goddamn hat in the city when they go back for his guns and give it to carl, i am going to be extremely pissed. ok, probably more like mildly irritated and/or disgruntled.

I honestly don't know where there going with this anymore.....so many characters....too many its like a small colony now instead of a small group. I never thought I'd be a "the book is so much better" person, but right now that's the way I am. But maybe someone who hasn't read it thinks its awesome, I'm hoping things pick up some I just feel like the pace is sooo slow.

I found myself spacing out a few times during last night's episode...it seemed to just drag on and on. I do find interest in the characters and how it will all develop but there was a need for a bit more zombie-killing. Just sayin'...

I did find time to yell "Slut!" anytime Lori was on the screen.

I honestly don't know where there going with this anymore.....so many characters....too many its like a small colony now instead of a small group. I never thought I'd be a "the book is so much better" person, but right now that's the way I am. But maybe someone who hasn't read it thinks its awesome, I'm hoping things pick up some I just feel like the pace is sooo slow.

agreed. im enjoying it, but if they don't kill off at least 4 people in the next episode....i dunno. i was texting a friend who hasn't read the comics and he was in an 'on the edge of his seat' suspense mode, while i was in a 'holy crap, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HOW LONG ARE YOU GOING TO DRAG THIS OUT!? GET TO THE GOOD STUFF' mode.

also, the casting seems so off for some roles. why does carol have gray 'i am just getting over cancer' hair and seem a good 10 years older than she should be?! even if it wasn't for the comics, it just doesn't seem believable, because her husband is such a chauvinistic jerk that i doubt he'd let her cut her hair that short. i'm not saying they have to be spot-on in terms of how they looked in the comic, but getting the general age/appearance right would seem like a priority.

I read something today and I can't remember it exactly, but the reason they introduced so many characters at once is because of the short, 6 episode season. They didn't want to have to wait until halfway through (last night's episode) and introduce a ton of new people that late in the game. I still don't like that, but it makes sense a little bit.

Now that I'm catching up w/ the books, I agree w/ what Allison said -- if you're watching just for the zombies change channel. This is a show about the people not the Zombies. Just like Lost was about the characters and not all the mythology.

The show is slow paced, but I like it that way.

Glenn rules.

FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE READ THE COMICS (mild spoiler ahead, but it won't make sense to you if you didn't so relax, but feel free to skip ahead).

Does it look like they be setting up Merle to be the Gov?

/end mild spoiler.

I finished issue 48 last night.

also, the casting seems so off for some roles. why does carol have gray 'i am just getting over cancer' hair and seem a good 10 years older than she should be?! even if it wasn't for the comics, it just doesn't seem believable, because her husband is such a chauvinistic jerk that i doubt he'd let her cut her hair that short. i'm not saying they have to be spot-on in terms of how they looked in the comic, but getting the general age/appearance right would seem like a priority.

i never read the comics but this was also really awkward/puzzling to me. she looks like that dude's mom, not his wife.

I agree w/ you here too, you mentioned Andrea before and yeah, she's a bit older, but still not that bad, but Carol in the show I didn't like at all for the exact reasons you mentioned.

I also think the actor playing Carl looks like an idiot and I don't like looking at his face. I hope Rick finds his hat, just so they can cover Carl up, heh.

This is what Carol looks like in the comics for those who haven't read them:

[image]

I read something today and I can't remember it exactly, but the reason they introduced so many characters at once is because of the short, 6 episode season. They didn't want to have to wait until halfway through (last night's episode) and introduce a ton of new people that late in the game. I still don't like that, but it makes sense a little bit.

Now that I'm catching up w/ the books, I agree w/ what Allison said -- if you're watching just for the zombies change channel. This is a show about the people not the Zombies. Just like Lost was about the characters and not all the mythology.

Glenn rules.

FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE READ THE COMICS (mild spoiler ahead, but it won't make sense to you if you didn't so relax, but feel free to skip ahead).

/end mild spoiler.

shit, that's why lost disappointed me so much. i couldn't care any less about the whole love thing between lori and the main character...so boring.

the zombies last night were super scary, which was awesome. i feel like i'm gonna get really sick of the show really fast, although the whole episode last night was really disturbing. the sexist guy getting beat up by shane(?) was insane. that whole scene was really hard to watch.

the sexist guy getting beat up by shane(?) was insane. that whole scene was really hard to watch.

that was the best part of the whole episode and made me want to keep watching!! it actually woke me the fuck up as i was kind of blah on the storyline at that moment. also made me like shane who i kind of dismissed as a dbag episode one. now if lori can just fuck right off and take that annoying kid with the old guy name with her...

(yes...that is a joke...don't get your panties in a twist anyone...)

no! EVERYONE'S PANTIES MUST BE TWISTED FOR THIS IS A VC THREAD!

Glenn rules.

FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE READ THE COMICS (mild spoiler ahead, but it won't make sense to you if you didn't so relax, but feel free to skip ahead)

/end mild spoiler.

it's possible. (considering what he later does to rick; possible retribution) but in the comics, he tricked everyone into thinking he was a genuinely nice guy to get people to follow him, whereas i don't think merle could be bothered with the nice guy routine. who knows where this show is going, though.

and is anyone else concerned at the addition of all these random extra characters, but the apparent lack of donna, alan and the twins? the twins kind of play a pivotal role later on in the series.

the sexist guy getting beat up by shane(?) was insane. that whole scene was really hard to watch.

that was the best part of the whole episode and made me want to keep watching!! it actually woke me the fuck up as i was kind of blah on the storyline at that moment. also made me like shane who i kind of dismissed as a dbag episode one. now if lori can just fuck right off and take that annoying kid with the old guy name with her...

(yes...that is a joke...don't get your panties in a twist anyone...)

no! EVERYONE'S PANTIES MUST BE TWISTED FOR THIS IS A VC THREAD!

oh, i didn't mean that it made the episode terrible, it kept me interested because it was so brutal. and whatever, i'm pretty "meh" on this show and i only keep watching because i gave up on boardwalk empire.

most of the characters on this show are pretty shitty now that i think about it

Some more than others. I fuckin' hate Shane right now...he's such a putz...trying waaaaaay too hard to be all-American awesome guy (couldn't think of another way to describe it)...esp. around Carl. Even with Rick back and all, Shane is still trying to muscle in to be Carl's new father figure.

And Lori...that slut!

Hopefully as the series gets further there will be more development of the characters. I am sure our resident "We have read the graphic novels already" elitist hipsters can tell us...(couldn't help it...panties twisted yet?)

I like Glenn the best so far though. He's awesome!