The Walking Dead

mcm1610

most of the characters on this show are pretty shitty now that i think about it

Some more than others. I fuckin' hate Shane right now...he's such a putz...trying waaaaaay too hard to be all-American awesome guy (couldn't think of another way to describe it)...esp. around Carl. Even with Rick back and all, Shane is still trying to muscle in to be Carl's new father figure.

And Lori...that slut!

Hopefully as the series gets further there will be more development of the characters. I am sure our resident "We have read the graphic novels already" elitist hipsters can tell us...(couldn't help it...panties twisted yet?)

I like Glenn the best so far though. He's awesome!

i don't think lori was in the wrong at all man. she has needs, and her son needed a father figure. i really hope that they don't make a big deal out of all of that because rick seems somewhat reasonable, but i really think that is wishful thinking on my part.

*edit*

in fact i'd go so far as to say to regard lori as a "slut" is a pretty sexist concept. if the gender roles were switched most would look at the situation a lot differently which is really fucked up.

Some more than others. I fuckin' hate Shane right now...he's such a putz...trying waaaaaay too hard to be all-American awesome guy (couldn't think of another way to describe it)...esp. around Carl. Even with Rick back and all, Shane is still trying to muscle in to be Carl's new father figure.

And Lori...that slut!

Hopefully as the series gets further there will be more development of the characters. I am sure our resident "We have read the graphic novels already" elitist hipsters can tell us...(couldn't help it...panties twisted yet?)

I like Glenn the best so far though. He's awesome!

i don't think lori was in the wrong at all man. she has needs, and her son needed a father figure. i really hope that they don't make a big deal out of all of that because rick seems somewhat reasonable, but i really think that is wishful thinking on my part.

*edit*

in fact i'd go so far as to say to regard lori as a slut is a pretty sexist concept. if the gender roles were switched most would look at the situation a lot differently which is really fucked up.

at first i was like WOOOOOOW LORI, SLUTTIN IT UP. because of the way this played out as opposed to in the comics. but last night, it became apparent that shane lied to her and told her that rick was dead, so her actions make more sense.

rick remains reasonable, but someone else does not. then again, it could play out totally differently than myself and everyone else who read the comics thinks it will.

Fine then...I'm the asshole here now! Ha!

or maybe i'm just too sensitive...i just think slut-shaming is pretty fucked up. and allison is right, shane lied to her because he wanted to bone her, so he's the asshole in the situation.

if i thought there was hope that my husband might still be alive, i'd probably pine for awhile. but if someone tells you he's dead, then why not move on? you have to think about the crazy post apocalyptic world they live in. very few men to choose from and very many zombies trying to eat you. if a good looking, strong dude is obviously into you, i think in that situation i might jump at that opportunity, if for no other reason than extra security for myself and my kid.

later on, a huge underlying tension/motivation becomes trying to pair off. who's left out, who's not getting any, the selection of partners is super slim, etc. and those are all very real things and emotions that would happen in such a situation that are kind of overlooked with all the gore in most other movies/tv in this genre.

I'm gonna report myself to the mods for sexist posts and comments now.

I already reported you, don't worry! Haha. But seriously, in this post-apocalyptic sort of situation humans revert back their most visceral need, which I think is security and safety. Shane had always wanted to bang lori, I think they make that clear in the first episode. It's fucked that he would just leave rick like that. Shane manipulated her by saying that rick was dead.

Anyway, I'm posting from my phone, so sorry if the post gets fucked.

I read something today and I can't remember it exactly, but the reason they introduced so many characters at once is because of the short, 6 episode season. They didn't want to have to wait until halfway through (last night's episode) and introduce a ton of new people that late in the game. I still don't like that, but it makes sense a little bit.

Now that I'm catching up w/ the books, I agree w/ what Allison said -- if you're watching just for the zombies change channel. This is a show about the people not the Zombies. Just like Lost was about the characters and not all the mythology.

The show is slow paced, but I like it that way.

Glenn rules.

FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE READ THE COMICS (mild spoiler ahead, but it won't make sense to you if you didn't so relax, but feel free to skip ahead)

Does it look like they be setting up Merle to be the Gov?

/end mild spoiler.

I finished issue 48 last night.

it's possible. (considering what he later does to rick; possible retribution) but in the comics, he tricked everyone into thinking he was a genuinely nice guy to get people to follow him, whereas i don't think merle could be bothered with the nice guy routine. who knows where this show is going, though.

and is anyone else concerned at the addition of all these random extra characters, but the apparent lack of donna, alan and the twins? the twins kind of play a pivotal role later on in the series.

Really hope they don't do that cause I love the surprise reveal with the Gov. Agreed that the changes are kinda dumb, if only because the first six issues of story are so unfuckwitable.

I was on the "Lori is a slut" (and yes, I would absolutely feel the same way had it been a man in her place) side of things for a minute but I definitely understood her actions. However, a couple months without getting laid, even in the apocalypse shouldn't be that difficult. Then there was last night's episode when she was all like "U TOLD ME HE WUZ D3AD!" and I looked at my room mate like "OH SHIT!". Seriously though, it made a lot more sense as to why she had moved on a little bit.

dude. even if shane DID say rick was dead...what kind of fucking wife would not go and see her supposedly DEAD HUSBAND in the hospital?! can someone fill me in on that loophole here? that will determine who i hate more.

it seems like they stopped coming to see him way before the apocalypse so...that leads me to believe she's either a) a shitty wife or B) just plain retarded. i would want to see a body before i believed ANYONE, especially a guy who's obviously after me.

dude. even if shane DID say rick was dead...what kind of fucking wife would not go and see her supposedly DEAD HUSBAND in the hospital?! can someone fill me in on that loophole here? that will determine who i hate more.

there was a zombie apocalypse, lulz.

no, seriously. zombies. lots of them. not much time for dawdling around to visit a body.

it probably went something like this:

YO LORI MY SWEET COME WITH ME FOR I SHALL LEAD YOU TO THE PROMISED LAND OF ATLANTA. WHAT ABOUT RICK?! UHHH....YEAH I STOPPED BY THE HOSPITAL AND HE WAS, YA KNOW, DEAD. NOW PACK UP YOUR PHOTO ALBUMS AND I SHALL WHISK YOU AWAY ON MY STEED THEN MAKE SWEET SWEET LOVE TO YOU ALL DAY LONG. oh yeah, and bring the kid too i guess.

okay so...the last time they visited him they just jetted and shit went down? i guess i missed that part. still i don't give a fuck i'd be like TAKE ME TO THE HOSPITAL WE AREN'T LEAVING WITHOUT THE FATHER OF MY CHILD!

CONGRATS, YOURE DEAD.

im assuming maybe they visited him, woke up the next morning and oh shit, zombies everywhereeeee!

it probably went something like this:

YO LORI MY SWEET COME WITH ME FOR I SHALL LEAD YOU TO THE PROMISED LAND OF ATLANTA. WHAT ABOUT RICK?! UHHH....YEAH I STOPPED BY THE HOSPITAL AND HE WAS, YA KNOW, DEAD. NOW PACK UP YOUR PHOTO ALBUMS AND I SHALL WHISK YOU AWAY ON MY STEED THEN MAKE SWEET SWEET LOVE TO YOU ALL DAY LONG. oh yeah, and bring the kid too i guess.

haha fucking CARL. when Rick first got home and was stumbling around yelling for CARL i was like wtf...is that their dog or something?! the LAST thing i expected was a freakin kid named Carl.

okay so...the last time they visited him they just jetted and shit went down? i guess i missed that part. still i don't give a fuck i'd be like TAKE ME TO THE HOSPITAL WE AREN'T LEAVING WITHOUT THE FATHER OF MY CHILD!

CONGRATS, YOURE DEAD.

im assuming maybe they visited him, woke up the next morning and oh shit, zombies everywhereeeee!

hahaha yeah i already know i'd never survive a zombie apocalypse. i'm fucked. too softhearted and i can't run very fast...or at all really.

As a non-comic-reader, I enjoyed last night's episode.

The zombies looked less-comical and more badass this time around. The one that they keep showing from earlier in the suit looks soooooooooooooo goddamn stupid that I thought it was going to ruin the zombie appearance for the show, but that was just a flukey shitty looking one.

it seems like they stopped coming to see him way before the apocalypse so...that leads me to believe she's either a) a shitty wife or B) just plain retarded. i would want to see a body before i believed ANYONE, especially a guy who's obviously after me.

from what they've shown us so far lori seems much more concerned about CAWRL than rick...if she was in a rush to leave the house, it seems that she'd already heard that rick was dead (via shane) and instantly became more concerned about her son, which is plausible i think.

pretty sure you're probably a terrible parent if you'd choose your husband/wife over the kid you had with that person.

and instantly became more concerned about her son, which is plausible i think.

more like "concerned with keeping her panties wet" amirite?

idk little vague bits of storyline like that kind of irk me. this apocalypse didn't just happen overnight did it? comics readers, can you answer that for me? so there may have been a few cases that just started to spread rapidly...that would still, in my mind, give her a chance to swing by the hospital. I JUST WANNA BELIEVE IN LURVE Y'ALL OK.

jeez.... dont you guys know how zombie apocalypses go down. you go to bed all safe and sound one night and boom, the next morning theres fucking brain eaters everywhere. a hospital is the last place you go. "HONEY! TIMMYS BEEN BIT, WE HAVE TO GET TO A HOSPITAL!" those places would be overrun immediately.

and instantly became more concerned about her son, which is plausible i think.

more like "concerned with keeping her panties wet" amirite?

idk little vague bits of storyline like that kind of irk me. this apocalypse didn't just happen overnight did it? comics readers, can you answer that for me? so there may have been a few cases that just started to spread rapidly...that would still, in my mind, give her a chance to swing by the hospital. I JUST WANNA BELIEVE IN LURVE Y'ALL OK.

haven't you ever seen ANY ZOMBIE MOVIE EVERRRRRR?! you go to bed after watching conan, everything is right in the world, you wake up with the sun shining and birds tweeting then BAM, you are overrun with the living dead and are forced to flee immediately.

and you really wouldn't believe one of your oldest/closest family friends if they told you they saw your husband and he was dead? cuz at that point instinct would kick in for a mother and her primary goal would be to protect her child. and that would not include a trip back into zombie-land to double check to make sure his bff wasn't lying.

also, love also comes in the form of shooting your loved ones in the head.

Lori left with Shane because they thought the hospital would be the safest for him. The man was in a coma! It's not like they have just shook him and woken him up or something.

And from the look of it, the hospital did stand for quite a while, what with the open graveyard 'round back and the sectioned off zombies.

Twitter will save us all from the Zombie Apocalypse.

Kirby Puckett: I live in Pittsburgh, so obviously the Zombies started here.

Kirby Puckett: Where can I go that's safe?

Scott Heisel: @kirbypuckett Cleveland is safe!

Kirby Puckett: @scottheisel LOL NO! Cleveland blows!!1

ambserwastaken: I'm so baked right now, what's going on?! #zombiesarentreal #candycorn

Allisonefrank: Zombies! Where is my camera, I've got to take pictures of them!

Andrew WK: It's time to party! #party

ambserwastaken: Screw my records, I'm out of here! #help

Lechevre: VINYL ABOVE ALL!!!!

Patton Oswalt: Where my Pockies at?!?! #skycake

Juan: WAAAAH! THE ZOMBIES DIDN'T COME TO FLORIDA! #whining

jhulud: We never get anything fun here!

Kirby Puckett: Congrats you just unlocked the Braaaaaaaaains badge!

Kirby Puckett: Kirby checked into Florida