The Walking Dead

mcm1610

I like him as an antagonist, but tonight was a bit of a miss for me personally.

I'd potentially be more interested if they didn't tease him in the present the week prior. Sucks a lot of the tension out of any situations prior knowing he is gonna be fine.

It is hard for me to imagine the time spent on that character is ever going to be worth. We'll see.

I hated last night's episode. I thought the whole season had been building up to some crazy internal conflict especially now between Rick, Daryl & Tyreese, & then they throw in this worthless episode centered around the Gov. Thought it was a GIANT buzzkill.

& now it looks like next week will be all Gov once again.

I was pumped at the end of last week to see the Gov pop out of nowhere, but I thought it was a horrible idea to have the entire next episode center around him.

My guess is that next week will lead to him being outside the prison & then we'll be back on track.

My guess is that next week will lead to him being outside the prison & then we'll be back on track.

That's what I was thinking and said to my brother and wife, but they're thinking we're going to get a few more than just next week before we get back to that scene, like that scene will be the start of the last 3 episodes kind of thing.  I don't really want that to happen, so we'll see.

I liked it, I thought the opening scene was really good with bens music.

...really? i thought it was ridiculously cheesy and overdone. i was watching it and couldn't help but laughing cuz it was so ridiculous.

all i could think of was this:

George-michael-snoopy-walk-best-gif.gif

The whole digression was stupid. I feel like they fucked themselves by going to the gimmick at the end of last episode. Look, we know from the episode prior he is back to being THE antagonist at the prison in the very near future. At least it was strongly implied. While I'm theoretically fine with a digression to see what he has been up to what I'm not really interested in seeing the story they presented.

Are they trying to humanize the guy who just murdered an assload of people, or show the complexity of his character? We've already seen them take a stab at that, I don't need to see it again. If they HADN'T shown him back at the prison I might be more interested in seeing how his current situation plays out. I'll wait and see what they do with him but fuck man.... I dunno. They started pretty good this season too.

Plus what kind of parent fucks a dude in the back of a truck with your daughter 4 feet away

I loved this episode - my favorite so far this season.  I thought they did a fantastic job of building on the nuances and complexities of The Governer's psyche.  Sure, some moments were cheesy, but overall I thought it was brilliant.  When we were first introduced to The Governor, he appeared to be rather compassionate with positive intentions.  After the death of his daughter (zombie version) the switch was flipped.  Finally, after the murdering spree he broke, and this child has given him an opportunity to reconnect with his humane side that was lost with the death of his daughter.  

I'm happy they added this wrinkle to the story.  Instead of the predictable, Governor vs The Prison, we have the potential for so many story lines.  Will The Governor seek forgiveness from The Prison?  Will he merely ask for The Prison to take in this family?  Will he revert to his psychopathic ways and seek revenge?  How will Michonne react to a potentially merciful Governor?  He has an opportunity for some semblance of redemption, I can't wait to see how he handles it.

Do you think he was actually compassionate, or just appeared that way? I mean, didn't they show the zombie heads in the first episode. Clearly something was always a little off about the guy.

If they want to reset the character a little bit, I'm with it.  Maybe they'll nail adding complexity to is character this year where they failed in the prior. Previously he wasn't complex so much as uneven. Taken as a stand-alone episode, ignoring anything from the past, I thought it was fine. I do agree it does open some doors. Like I said, I'll wait to see how it plays out. 

I'm still carrying a lot of S2 and S3 complaints I think.

...really? i thought it was ridiculously cheesy and overdone. i was watching it and couldn't help but laughing cuz it was so ridiculous.

all i could think of was this:

George-michael-snoopy-walk-best-gif.gif

yeah i dunno, i liked it. Maybe its just that that Ben Nichols song is one of my favorite songs he's written.

I really didnt have any complaints about this episode at all/

Do you think he was actually compassionate, or just appeared that way? I mean, didn't they show the zombie heads in the first episode

yeah, and I'm pretty sure the military massacre thing was in his first or second episode.  and there's no way in hell that a governor / prison-folk mixing is going to happen.  michonne /did/ kill his zombie daughter, so I can't see the gov being too friendly with them, and rick /did/ just banish carol (someone he's known for ~2 years) for killing two people with the flu who probably would have died shortly thereafter... that said, I'd love to hear the governor answer rick's three questions :)

rick: how many walkers have you killed?

governor: lots.  just the other day, I killed one by ripping out its spine using only my hands!

rick: how many people have you killed?

governor: ooh... since I single-handedly murdered the majority of the able-bodied people of woodbury or before...?

rick: why?

governor: well, I had this cool aquarium setup in my closet...

^ Plus what kind of parent fucks a dude in the back of a truck with your daughter 4 feet away ^

Well its the end of the civilized world. They spent the entire time cooped up in an apartment building watching the father slowly die. (Not to mentioned seeing his head bashed in) and listening to fellow zombie tenants. Sounds like Bizness time to me! :) I think most parents have had a slow/quiet/passionate romp with the kiddoes not too far away.

Mike - I could totally see that, but he might only show up if everyone else dies / has died.

We still don't know who was feeding the walkers those opossums?.  It could have been him ( although I think it was from the insides)

yeah I cant imagine he was the one feeding the zombies, and I wouldnt be surprised since they have part of the fence cut to get in/out easy and we dont know how far back in the time line we jumped back to start the new gov storyline.  the zombie feeding happened only a couple days prior to where the story stopped at the prison, right?

yeah I cant imagine he was the one feeding the zombies, and I wouldnt be surprised since they have part of the fence cut to get in/out easy and we dont know how far back in the time line we jumped back to start the new gov storyline.  the zombie feeding happened only a couple days prior to where the story stopped at the prison, right?

yeah assuming only a few days passed ( due to the sickness outbreak and people living only like 2 days on it, I think three or four episodes spanned maybe a week tops ) - that was when the zombie horde issue started