RE: musicinveins11 = rip off artist

fourthirtytwo

guys, three things:

1) ebay customer service is so much more helpful at low-traffic hours (like 9:45 pm PST right before they close). just an FYI.

2) they removed my negative feedback without hassling me, and i didn't have to use any of my feedback revision requests.

3) i told her about this guy and his persistent fraudulent activity, and she was as surprised as i am that there's no mechanism to automatically identify and block a mailing address that has already been blocked 100 times. she assured me she would bring the issue to a higher-up. i doubt it will do anything, but hey, she made me feel like she would, and i'm ok with that!

4) i think i might have a crush on that customer service girl. she was so accommodating... and nice... and pretty-sounding... is this what love feels like?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

From DISCOGS, I'm not sure it this is Will Taylor, but the musical tastes are similar and Christopher Lyman has been mentioned previously in this thread. He bought from me with no problems, yet. I can't believe I didn't recognize the name until now. Just figured I'd throw this out there.

Buyer Information
chris31954
[email protected]
100.0% positive (3)

Christopher Lyman

From DISCOGS, I'm not sure it this is Will Taylor, but the musical tastes are similar and Christopher Lyman has been mentioned previously in this thread. He bought from me with no problems, yet. I can't believe I didn't recognize the name until now. Just figured I'd throw this out there.

Buyer Information
chris31954
[email protected]

100.0% positive (3)

Christopher Lyman

2101 Avensong Ln

Unit#105

Panama City Beach, FL, 32408

United States

Phone: 7863381236

it's because of this guy that i'm wary of dealing with anyone from florida. his illiteracy and use of the same names/addresses is a giveaway, but if he ever actually gets smarter about it... don't know if there's anyone in the panhandle i can trust!

Hello modern vinyl members & Will Taylor victims. My name is Christopher Lyman. I am the person who had the old eBay username of "scottylymanbert1". I currently share an eBay account with my wife, which is "Jaxmom" and have a Discogs account with the username "chris31954". As posted above by "jeremybentham" I am creating an account to explain what has happened over the past 5 or so years. On Wednesday I purchased a buy it now item from an ebay user named "tennisinstructor". I paid immediately, was thanked for my prompt payment and told it would be mailed out shortly. On Thursday I received the following message; I apologize but due to recent suspicious activity on my listings I have no choice but to cancel this order. I appreciate your interest and I do hope you understand. I have already issued a refund back to your PayPal Account. I found this to be extremely odd, so I pressed him for more info and received this bombshell; Yes, I came across the thread below and your username appeared there. From reading the thread I gathered is person is quite tenacious and is an absolute mastermind of ebays system! Anyways, I got an uneasy feeling about the transaction decided it would be best to give you your money back.....sorry you got caught up in this but I believe it is better to be safe than sorry. Anyways, good luck and I hope you find what you are looking for.

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/user/15973-xempire/?tab=reputation&app_tab=forums&type=given&st=30

After reading all 45 pages and realizing the horror that I had inadvertently caused, I was in disbelief. On the last page I saw my transaction from discogs, with jeremybentham, mentioned and it had all my informaion on it. I was not happy that my name, address & phone # was posted on a site that many people were talking about raping someones wife & burning houses down. So I decided to contact jeremybentham for 2 reasons; 1. to voice my displeasure with him posting my info & 2. to explain how all this some of this came to be. Instead of typing it all over I'm going to copy what I wrote to "jeremybentham" through Discogs:

I bought & paid for a "buy it now" listing on ebay wed night, and yesterday I received a refund with a pretty vague explanation. Not satisfied with the reason, I further inquired and was forwarded a link to the vinyl message board thread. I read from beginning to end. It was a timeline from 2010 until yesterday. That is where I saw you posting my name and address and telelphone #. So I figured I would write you and explain the situation. I am from jacksonville and joined the military in 2000. I moved back with my 
wife and kid in 2006. In 2009 I reunited with a friend I had been out of touch with since I left for the military. We hung out and burned cd's & went to shows for the rest of my tour in jacksonville. Around my last six months there he asked to use my ebay account & paypal, as he said he was having problems with his. I, being naive, obliged and within 6 months I had paypal/ebay collections calling my phone asking for money that was owed. My ebay account got shut down, I think summer of 2011 I'm not sure. I stopped talking to him after finding this out. Then six months after moving to Miami, I found out he opened a paypal credit account in my name & racked up $1500 in charges. I immediately contacted PayPal & had that account shut down as well. It was a ongoing nightmare with someone I thought was my friend, but served as a hard lesson learned. The eBay account jaxmom is my wife's account& I feel horrible that it is listed on the message board as fraudulent. She has never done anything wrong, & even disapproved on my friendship with will from the get go. I have been out of contact with him since moving to Miami in 2011. I didn't start collecting records until late 2013. My wife bid on a record for me from a eBay member named soysquad, who questioned her and thought she was Will Taylor. After explaining the same story I'm telling you, he obliged and sold her the record. He posted this on the same thread you posted my name & address on. I saw this when I read the entire thread last night. I do use my wife's eBay account to bid on stuff. She has been a member since 2009 & has never had any negative comments. It is really unfortunate that this entire situation has happened. As due to my error in judgement I have had to endure the wrath of will Taylor as well. I dint even know that this community of vinyl collectors had my name & email address, & that I was basically black listed as a scammer. This is why I sent you the message through discogs, I was angry that my name and address & phone number were listed. I've never scanned anyone in my life. As I said I'm in the military & currently live in Panama City. I have a wife & 2 kids and would never have time to do anything the likes of which he has done. From what I've gathered, reading the thread on vinyl collective, he is still in Jacksonville up to the same old antics. As I said above I am not in contact with him. Jacksonville is a 5 hour drive for me. 786-338-236 is my phone & I'd be happy to answer any questions you have. I do not wish to have my name smeared due to someone else's actions. I enjoy record collecting. But would never rip anyone off. I've never tried creating another account or change my email address, as I never thought I wouldve needed to. If I was trying to scam people I could've easily changed my eBay username & email address. I just want to convey that I am in no way connected with Will Taylor. I'm sorry for the long message & if this is coming across as a sob story. As I just found out & would like to clear thing up. 

Very Resoectfully, 

Chris Lyman

to which "jeremybentham" replied:

Wow....just....wow!! I'm sorry that you were also affected by this numb-nuts. I was just checking the thread last night and your info goes all the way back to 2010, which was around the time that myself AND my brother were scammed by Will. We were some of the first folks he went after, as, apparently, the 3 (4?) of us have similar musical tastes. My brother was new to EBay at the time, and I wasn't going to have his initial experience be tarnished by some maniac, so, I along with many, many, others started and have been constantly updating and adding to the thread you read the other night for the past FIVE YEARS!! It must have been around 2010 when Will was a member of the VC board, when he was "selling" items he did not own and pocketing the money. This may have been a knee-jerk reaction to recoup the $1500 you spoke of. That kind of subsided until Will "bought" a $350 box set, posted photos to brag, (proving that he received it,) THEN filed a chargeback via PAypal claiming he did NOT receive it. That situation was resolved due to the overwhelming evidence of fraud and stupidity. After that, it seemed as though he was seeking revenge on the world; (Ebay ID: thisismyrevengeonallofyou) bidding on Ebay items and not paying, just to be disruptive to the sellers he thought "wronged" him. Why ebay and Paypal allow this type of activity to continue (for 5+ years) is beyond me. He seems to actually purchase items from time to time, when he has an active bidding account, but will also bid and not pay with the same account, only to have that name cancelled and then he must start a new account. I'm sorry you were dragged into this by this less-than-savory character. My advice to you sir, is to create a profile at VC, and post your side of the story along with any info that Will Taylor is NOT affiliated with, (ebay id's, etc) to help clear this up, at least from your angle. If you post in the thread personally, you can most likely have your information removed from public display. (I can remove MY post, but it has been quoted and due to this, your info will remain) It sucks that you have to clear your own name for something you had nothing to do with, but this is the world we live in. Again, I mean no ill-will towards you personally, I was just updating the "Will Taylor" thread, as I have been doing since 2010. 

Thank you for your insight, and feel free to contact me if I can be of assistance. 

my response:

Yeah, I'll create an account later once my kids are asleep & have some time to myself. I've been listening to punk & ska music & going to shows since 1995. I'm 34 years old. Like I said I didn't get into record collecting until fall of 2013. I saw that adhesive's sidnurner was being pressed & that's what started me into record collecting. I had a problem in November 2013 when I asked my wife bid in a record for me on eBay & the guy with "soysquad profile called my wife out as a scammer & associated with Will. She had me explain my story to him & everything was good. He actually posted that somewhere in the middle of the thread. Anyways I hadn't really had any more problem until Wednesday when my money was refunded by a eBay user "tennisinstructor" who saw my wife's "jaxmom" user ID on this thread. I already told you that part. I have known will Taylor since the 4th grade & we got along fine all the way until I joined the coast guard. We lost touch and then we saw each other at a mutual friends bday party & exchanged phone #'s. He told me he was having issues with someone harassing him on eBay and leaving him bad feedback & opening unpaid item claims against him. Then asked to use my eBay & PayPal accounts. not really thinking any harm could come of this, I said yes. I really didn't pay attention to the eBay emails I got and trust me when I say I got around 50-75 a day. I just deleted them. Then right around summer 2011 I started getting collection calls from eBay asking for $$. I confronted him about it & he said it was all a big misunderstanding & he would take care of it. Well my eBay & PayPal account got closed because it was never taken care of. Then after moving I received a letter from PayPal about a line of credit opened in my name & that it was 90 days delinquent, to the tune of around $1500. The items all were sent to the 2 addresses he has all over the message board, so I immediately knew where the blame lay for me being ripped off. I called PayPal & explained my situation about him using my eBay & PayPal accounts because his were in delinquent standings. They agreed that it was fraud & obsolved me of any responsibility. All the while my name is being drug through the dirt because of his actions & because I was trying to be a friend & help him out. Anyways I'm sorry to drone on, but I enjoy record collecting & it really alarmed me when my money was refunded & then I was alerted to the vinyl collective thread talking about me. Thanks for responding & again, I'll create an account & post the same things I've told you.

"jeremybentham" repied:

Top-notch, Chris. It will be very reassuring to many, many folks just to have a behind-the-scenes perspective of what went on and when, and I'm sure lots of unanswered questions from many affected users will finally have a sense of closure, while also removing any impediments in your future purchasing. I want to apologize for posting your info, but as I'm sure you've gathered from the 45 page epic thread, I had reasons to be skeptical, as your name and email were first posted in 2010. I also want to applaud you for being so stand-up about this and I'm sorry for any negativity you have endured lo these past 5 years. Thanks again, and I'll let you handle yourself from here in regards to posting on VC. I have the same user name over there do feel free to contact me via PM if I can be of any assistance. I will remove your address + phone# from my post, and once you post over there, you should be able to have the mods remove your info entirely. I must say, be prepared to spend some time on VC, as I'm sure you'll be grilled like a rack of ribs, but keep your wits and just know it's for the greater good. Thanks again, 

-jb.

I would like to say I am very sorry for all the headaches, wasted time, lost money & hysteria my actions have caused the persons that got bamboozled by Will Taylor. At the time he asked to use my accounts, I never knew the harm that it would cause. I love collecting records and would like to use ebay & discogs just like everyone else does, without being thought of as a scammer or doucher. My wife has had the "jaxmom" ebay account since 2009. She has nothing but positive feed back as both a buyer and seller. Never has she had any negative comments. I do not have my own account through ebay or paypal. I could've easily created new ones after mine was shut down in 2011. But to be honest with all the troubles I had, opening a new account was the last thing I wanted to do. I've been using my wife's account whenever I look for & want to purchase something on ebay. I have been in the Coast Guard for 15 years, so I have steady income. I can afford what I bid on / purchase on ebay, and I also only bid on items I intend to buy. If there are questions anyone wants answered that I didn't cover in the above feel free to hit me up, hell even call me my # is listed above.

• 3 weeks later...