RE: musicinveins11 = rip off artist

fourthirtytwo

Note - when I get a bidder with zero (or around zero) feedback, I check their bid on auctions. When I see two pages, I know it is this guy. It's one of his things - winning around 50 auctions in a three day period.

How do you do that?  I'm pretty sure I've got another alias of his bidding on an item of mine...

• 3 weeks later...

If someone bids from Florida with less than 10 feedback I cancel the auction

This guy came in at the last minute, and I didn't notice until after the auction ended.  Another new user with no feedback.  Woke up to a message saying 'I get paid on Monday, so I'll send the payment then.'  

I've already second chance offered the next dude, so if this guy ends up paying without receiving an invoice, he'll just get a refund.

Have people tried messaging him?  I'm tempted just to go off on him, but realize I may be just as well off screaming at a wall.

This guy came in at the last minute, and I didn't notice until after the auction ended.  Another new user with no feedback.  Woke up to a message saying 'I get paid on Monday, so I'll send the payment then.'  

I've already second chance offered the next dude, so if this guy ends up paying without receiving an invoice, he'll just get a refund.

Have people tried messaging him?  I'm tempted just to go off on him, but realize I may be just as well off screaming at a wall.

I called him out on what he does because at one point he kept winning the same item from me on different accounts. I don't think he ever answered.

About 6 months ago he won a record from me on ebay. he paid right away but i caught the username, not sure which one it was. I messaged him and told him i knew he was the dude that had a horrible rep on ebay & vc and i didn't want to sell to him. I even forwarded him this thread. He messaged back saying that he meant no harm and that he just wanted that record, he already paid, and to give him a chance. With those messages saved, a little bit unsure, i sent the record and received positive feedback within a few days.

about a week later he began bidding on 2 more of my items. reluctant, i didn't delete his bids and he won. he messaged me and asked to combine shipping and i sent an invoice. he paid, records shipped, received positive feedback.

still unsure, i decided as long as he paid and didn't bullshit me about payment, i would work with him until it got shady and then i would cut him off. i wasn't taking any chances so i kept an eye on his bids and profile.

i finally noticed that he was using the same user name but he kept changing his address through ebay and paypal. so if i sent a record and his verified address was different i could potentially get caught in his scheme. immediately i messaged him and told him i wasn't sure what he was up to but i noticed what he was doing and that i couldn't risk losing money on him so i cancelled all his bids and blocked that username. he never responded to my message and never bid on anything i had listed again.

not sure what he was up to or if my suspicions were correct but i thought i'd share that with you guys. not sure what he was up to but it kind of baffled me.

So I told him the only way I would ship him the record is if he sent me payment as a gift outside of ebay, and I sent the record priority two day, with signature on delivery and insurance.  

He replied that he would do that, so now I'm not sure.  Is it possible to pay as a gift using a credit card, and still process a charge back?  Every instinct is saying don't do it, but I feel that if I can get payment as a gift, and have him sign for this thing, I should be okay.

So I told him the only way I would ship him the record is if he sent me payment as a gift outside of ebay, and I sent the record priority two day, with signature on delivery and insurance.  

You should DEFINITELY not accept the payment as a gift on Paypal. That's specifically not for selling. If he gets his money back from you somehow, you cannot go to Paypal and tell them it was a transaction because you had it marked as a gift. Make sure it's labeled as "sending money for goods or services" so that if he does try to fuck you over, you're covered. Are you really that worried about a $2 fee in this situation? Follow the rules and Paypal will (generally) protect you. 

You should DEFINITELY not accept the payment as a gift on Paypal. That's specifically not for selling. If he gets his money back from you somehow, you cannot go to Paypal and tell them it was a transaction because you had it marked as a gift. Make sure it's labeled as "sending money for goods or services" so that if he does try to fuck you over, you're covered. Are you really that worried about a $2 fee in this situation? Follow the rules and Paypal will (generally) protect you.

Hmm, never thought of it like that. It's not the fee I am worried about. If he sent it for goods and services, he could ten claim he never got the package/file a claim in general.

You can't do that with a gift as far as I know.

In any case, I'm expecting this I fizzle out. Not worth any bit of hassle at all.

• 3 weeks later...

Lol wut. The whole point of getting payment as gift is because he can't get the money back.

• 3 weeks later...

Bought and paid for a record today.

cosmicjoke - james-edward davis

John Taylor
613 Box Branch Cir
Saint Johns, FL 32259
United States

Will media w/ tracking cover me enough here? Or do I need to anticipate a damage claim? eBay doesn't really give me an option to cancel here as it is all in his hands for accepting the request.

Bought and paid for a record today.

cosmicjoke - james-edward davis[/size]

John Taylor

613 Box Branch Cir

Saint Johns, FL 32259

United States

Will media w/ tracking cover me enough here? Or do I need to anticipate a damage claim? eBay doesn't really give me an option to cancel here as it is all in his hands for accepting the request.

Don't even send it. Refund his paypal funds and message him saying that you're aware of his shady bullshit. If you do send it, you're almost guaranteed to have a damage claim filed against you.

Jesus, this thread is fucking insane! Spent an hour last going through every page, and I'm both amazed by this guy's mental issues/commitment, and confounded by PayPal/eBay's ineptitude. 

Regardless of whether or not he has psychological problems, or is just a dick, sometimes people need to be taught a lesson to learn not to screw with other people. Imagine the complete mental breakdown he would have if he came home one day and his collection was missing.