WHITE STRIPES MERCH ON PRE ORDER 12/01/2010

copter76

SEE THE TMR WEBSiTE FoR PICTURES,LOOKS GREAT but A LITTLE BIT EXPENSIVE,ANYWAY I'LL TRY MY CHANCES TO GET THE WHITE STRIPES SET:

http://www.thirdmanrecords.com/news.html

TURNTABLE'S CUSTOMIZED!

We’re limbering up to release two excellent vinyl lover merchandise collections. Check it out, both The White Stripes Merchandise Collection and the The Third Man Records Merchandise Collection will be available in our Nashville store and webstore for pre-order starting December 1st.

For nearly two years now we’ve been telling you “Your Turntable Is Not Dead”, so now we’re bringing you the ultimate collection for vinyl appreciation.

Each set costs $499.00 and the White Stripes Collection –available only as a full set- will ship prior to Dec. 21st. Just in time for the holidays! The Stripes collection is being pressed up in a limited amount of 333 and comes with a new pressing of the rare “Merry Christmas From The White Stripes” 7” on red vinyl.

The White Stripes Merchandise Collection contains:

(Available*** only in a lmtd. Edition complete set of 333 for $499)

1 custom White Stripes portable record player

1 custom White Srtripes turntable slip mat

3 custom White Stripes vinyl adapters (45 middles)

1 custom White Stripes Nixon headphones

1 White Stripes 7” red vinyl of “Merry Christmas From The White Stripes” (Includes ‘Candy Can Children’, ‘Silent Night’, and “ A Reading From The Story Of The Magi’

1 custom White Stripes record cleaning brush

1 White Stripes LP record box

1 White Stripes 7” record box

The Third Man Records Merchandise Collection contains:

(NOT LIMITED & available in individual pieces or a complete set to retail at $499)

1 custom TMR portable record player

1 custom TMR slip mat

1 custom TMR Nixon headphones

3 custom TMR vinyl adapters (45 middles)

1 custom TMR record cleaning brush

1 custom TMR LP record box

1 custom TMR 7” record box

*** The White Stripes 45 record box and slipmat will be availble for purchase seperatley in early 2011.

That TMR portable turntable looks pretty great. Since they are not limited and will be available separately, maybe I will pick one up when I actually have some money, if they are not too expensive. Would be nice to have a second table. Anyone know what kind they are?

EDIT: Looks like a Crosley Traveler...pretty hit or miss reviews, anyone know anything about them?

If he's a man of his word he'll definitely be eating said copy of Elephant. I don't think it'll even take 2 weeks to sell out. And I wouldn't be shocked if it was gone in an hour.

There are starving people in the world who could live for a year on $499. Maybe I'll send my White Stripes records to them to eat.

The price on this is impossibly lame considering you only get a single 7". If they sell 333 of them, I'll eat my copy of Elephant.

you wants some potatos as appetizer?

This will sell out in the pre orders for sure, and after that flip for 1000 dollars or more in the bay,see the inchophone that the band sold in the GBTS tour,they sells for 200 dollars in the merch table and now goes for more of 1000 dollars one ,so .....

Copter...

No offense...

But are you 12?

That TMR portable turntable looks pretty great. Since they are not limited and will be available separately, maybe I will pick one up when I actually have some money, if they are not too expensive. Would be nice to have a second table. Anyone know what kind they are?

EDIT: Looks like a Crosley Traveler...pretty hit or miss reviews, anyone know anything about them?

It probably is a Crosley Traveler or something very similar...I owned one for a bit and because it has built-in speakers, it sucks. I sold mine on ebay for twice as much (I bought mine from Target). So being that it's a goddamn White Stripes turntable, that shit will sell for an insane amount...ugh.

I started with a crosley traveler its convenient. I would also say its more for a person who just wants to listen to some older vinyl or does not care much about sound quality or their records not getting scratched by the freely moving arm. Also if you wanted to you could easily paint a crosley traveler any color you like. It has ginormous screws on it that you can take apart easily.

• 3 weeks later...
The price on this is impossibly lame considering you only get a single 7". If they sell 333 of them, I'll eat my copy of Elephant.

http://store.thirdmanrecords.com/thewhitestripes-vinyltartersetchristmas2010.aspx

Sold out in less than one day. Please provide proof of you consuming your copy of Elephant.

Went on sale at midnight CST/1:00am EST and was sold out by 7:00am EST.

Majority of people who got it are overseas (UK, Australia, etc.) Few in the US got it, due to the announcement at about 10pm that it was going on sale in 2 hours.

No e-mail was sent to Vault members, etc. Just the post on the modlife page.

Went on sale at midnight CST/1:00am EST and was sold out by 7:00am EST.

Majority of people who got it are overseas (UK, Australia, etc.) Few in the US got it, due to the announcement at about 10pm that it was going on sale in 2 hours.

No e-mail was sent to Vault members, etc. Just the post on the modlife page.

Your info is incorrect. I purchased mine at 8:35 AM and I am in the USA in the Eastern time zone. The link went live shortly after 7am.

And on the White Stripes board many international members reported no shipping to their country.

Everyone had plenty of warning that it would be on the 1st, their loss if they expected another email or something.