Vinyl File 7 - is up

Guest conoley

Liars Academy re-formed last year and just released a two-song 7" on green vinyl on Goodwill Records, a label from Italy, in June. Dunno if they're still in stock but I just discovered it the other day and had never heard about it until the other day:

http://myspace.com/liarsacademy

http://www.goodwillrecords.net/

I'm thinking outside the box a little today.

What about getting together a list of websites that specialize in vinyl? Some people might not always know where to look. Drop a handful of links and what not. I sure as hell don't have nearly as many vinyl bookmarks as I should have.

I'd also be interested in some news outside of the punk/hardcore spectrum. I know I'm barking up the wrong tree since the vinyl file is posted on Punknews.org. Maybe I should just start listening to punk music more often...heh.

Run for Cover Records released a second pressing of Crime in Stereo's Love 7" a couple weeks ago. Better late than never. I just found it yesterday

I don't know if you mentioned it in a previous one but Motion City Soundtrack's new UK single (2 different 7") went on sale on 9/3

http://www.motioncitysoundtrack.com/ukeuro/

Do hip hop folks ever press anything limited?

Maybe a vinyl file to side project bands, or super group type vinyl releases. like some one mentioned the the Arrivals LP on Recess (300 on color, Paddy from D4) or Dear Landlord/Chinese Telephones -Split 7" (dear landlord has members of the copyrights)

um... try getting a hold of fat mike (good luck)

i just got the e-mail from patrick at reaper hardcore.

here's a pressing info of recently reaper hardcore releases....

the merauder

25 testpress lp

150 gold/silver lps

850 red/black

face the panic

5 testpresses

100 black

900 gold

he told me all still in stock.let's check 'em at reaperhardcore.com

:)

Guest conoley

Thanks for the suggestions and tips.

-Hip Hop - I will be including hip hop from bands that punknews covers - look for some Aesop Rock info this week

-Supergroups etc. is a great idea, as is Fat Mike

-Thanks Scott, I'll make sure it's in this week.

You should def do one on record stores and how they keep dropping like flies. One in Salt Lake that was there for like 50 years went down over the winter. Here in Boulder Wax Trax went down and another place, Albums on the Hill pretty much quit selling vinyl. Bart's CD Cellar, on the other hand, has bee doing great. I'd like to know why.

Also, there's a local radio station that does a show called "Vinyl Destination" once a year as a fundraiser. It's very popular.

Rorschah Records has the Brainworms/Catalyst Split 7" now available on three different colors, including a grey that is only available through their online store.

Fast Crowd Records has an offer going on until September 30th wherein every order $20 or more will recieve a free copy of Tiltwheel's "Heavens Declare the Glory of the Bomb" original 7" with new cover art.

I believe Los Diaper Records is still looking for submissions to their baseball themed 12" comp. More info is available on their myspace.

From poppunkbored.com: "up for pre order is the vinyl of In the Red's-Vol.1 on vinyl and initial orders will receive super sexy colured splattered or whatever the hell we do with it vinyl,check out the band at www.myspace.com/intherredrock and at www.ratpatrolrecs.com

Cheers!"

Graveface Records is putting out vinyl the vinyl version of Art in Manila(Saddle Creek)-Set The Woods on Fire.

Temporary Residence also just set up pre orders for the new Prints and Sleeping People Albums. There isn't a preorder yet but BTEOT and Tera Melos are doing a split for the label too. You can hold off untill its ready though I guess.