Kanye West - MBDTF 3xLP

• 2 weeks later...
I heard that this pressing was rushed in order to be available for sale near the time of the album's actual release, and that the pressing has sibilance issues. Mike Dean is apparently re-mastering it for vinyl and it will be re-released soon.

I guess it's a good thing I held myself from ordering it. Any link to this info?

I heard that this pressing was rushed in order to be available for sale near the time of the album's actual release, and that the pressing has sibilance issues. Mike Dean is apparently re-mastering it for vinyl and it will be re-released soon.

I guess it's a good thing I held myself from ordering it. Any link to this info?

From a post on Gearslutz.com, via what.cd

[image]

Full thread can be viewed here: http://www.gearslutz.com/board/rap-hip-hop-engineering-production/560236-pic-studio-jay-z-kanye-using-record-watch-throne-while-australia-4.html

From a post on Gearslutz.com, via what.cd

[image]

Full thread can be viewed here: http://www.gearslutz.com/board/rap-hip-hop-engineering-production/560236-pic-studio-jay-z-kanye-using-record-watch-throne-while-australia-4.html

Hmm, thanks for posting this. It'll be interesting to see if they do a re-release with the new master. I guess we should know soon. Gah, I want this thing but not if it sounds like shit.

picked mine up from FYE today (wasnt thrilled, but thats where my mommy preordered for my xmas gift)

i thought it sounded fantastic

was bummed to open it up, and have a tear on the top right corner. should i bother bringing it back?

Slightly off topic..... I have never ordered vinyl from Amazon (Canada) before. I have heard of others here ordering stuff and having it shipped in crazy packaging. Having had trouble finding a copy of the latest Elvis Costello in Ottawa, I finally bit the bullet and gave them a try. It actually arrived in pretty good condition but just by sheer luck. It was packaged in a box about 8” by 10” by 16”, sandwiched between a bunch of plastic bags full of air. So I wrote them and said it was crappy packaging and they really should just get some record mailers. They wrote back and offered me a full refund, with return shipping at their expense, or a 20% refund. I took the 20%.