Old Canes (Appleseed Cast) 3 7" series

I just read this whole thread, and I can't believe Kickstarter doesn't have some type of protection plan to cover this type of thing. You'd think it'd be pretty bad for business for Kickstarter to just let people get screwed like this without some type of guarantee. Or maybe they just figure it's on you if you are putting faith into something & it doesn't work out?

• 2 weeks later...

So I emailed him directly at [email protected] and asked him for a refund, and told him basically people are upset and feel cheated.  This was his response:

"I will do so right away.  It will be sent from mcmcyo my wife's Paypal, just so you recognize it.  Sorry this has dragged out so long.  

CC"

That was earlier this morning, so I'm still waiting to see if I get the refund.  Maybe the route to go if you backed and just are tired of thinking this will happening and probably never will.

• 4 months later...

So I emailed him directly at [email protected] and asked him for a refund, and told him basically people are upset and feel cheated.  This was his response:

"I will do so right away.  It will be sent from mcmcyo my wife's Paypal, just so you recognize it.  Sorry this has dragged out so long.  

CC"

That was earlier this morning, so I'm still waiting to see if I get the refund.  Maybe the route to go if you backed and just are tired of thinking this will happening and probably never will.

Did you get your money back?

Forget it. Found your comment on Kickstarter:

Stephen on July 1

Emailed me and said you'd be sending me a refund...never got that. Hope you spent the couple thousand dollars you earned on this project that fans supported wisely. Can this be defined as theft or better yet embezzlement?

Well, if you do see him, please ask for my $15. I'll reimburse you the cost of a stamp so you can send it to me. Ha ha. 

Yeah, he said his wife was going to send me funds, and never did.  Also never responded to other emails, doesn't respond on facebook or on kickstarter either.  This guy is a douche.

I still bitch about this about once every three months to somebody. The Appleseed Cast is one of my favorite bands, but this whole fiasco has really tainted my opinion of Chris. At least it was only $15 (doesn't make it right, it just means I didn't loose TOO much money). Fucking Crisci.

HOLY SHIT: AN EMAIL

Yes I think about this every day. Yes that is accompanied by the feeling of failure and shame. I work on it every chance I get. Going into it I had six songs recorded and two with lyrics. I thought no sweat, I'll turn out the lyrics no problem. After listening to them I was not satisfied and started re-writing. Concurrent with that, because there is no choice in the matter, almost all of my time is devoted to working my day job and paid side gigs to provide for my family, I have very little time to devote to music at all. Going into this I was not expecting how much creative time I would lose. I would not have done a kickstarter had I known it would take this long.  It weighs on me constantly. Despite that, Old Canes is still something close to my heart and I want to put this ahead of every other musical effort in my life.  I said it when Illumination Ritual was released, the next thing I put out will be this. I'm not going to release anything by Appleseed Cast or any other project, until I have turned this into something I am excited about and finish it. I apologize to everyone for how long this has taken.

Whoa! He responded to my Kickstarter message:

Yes I think about this every day. Yes that is accompanied by the feeling of failure and shame. I work on it every chance I get. Going into it I had six songs recorded and two with lyrics. I thought no sweat, I'll turn out the lyrics no problem. After listening to them I was not satisfied and started re-writing. Concurrent with that, because there is no choice in the matter, almost all of my time is devoted to working my day job and paid side gigs to provide for my family, I have very little time to devote to music at all. Going into this I was not expecting how much creative time I would lose. I would not have done a kickstarter had I known it would take this long.  It weighs on me constantly. Despite that, Old Canes is still something close to my heart and I want to put this ahead of every other musical effort in my life.  I said it when Illumination Ritual was released, the next thing I put out will be this. I'm not going to release anything by Appleseed Cast or any other project, until I have turned this into something I am excited about and finish it. I apologize to everyone for how long this has taken.