Your BEST customer service experience w/ Vinyl ?

impact

I would have to say.. mine would have to be w/ dirtnap records so far. The story goes like this, it was right around when the Exploding Hearts LP, Guitar Romantic first came out on PINK, which ended up selling out in a few hours. Anyways, I was totally bummed that I missed the pre-order for this, and decided that ill buy it anyways (on black), and I also bought a Defiance Ohio LP along with it.. A few weeks passed, and no LPs, (I payed extra for priority). I emailed dirtnap and they explained to me how they put my order to the side because I guess another guy and I both purchased the D,OH LP at the same time and they were debating on who they should give it to. The guy at dirtnap apologized, refunded my shipping, ended up giving me the D,OH LP, along w/ a PINK exploding hearts LP which was supposedly sold out, along w. a handfull of stickers / posters. It was awesome.

Your Turn !!

Koi Records and Rally Records are my top two. With Koi, I bought a ton of stuff and about a month went by. I sent a quick email and found out that it got lost in the mail somewhere along the way. Mark at Koi ended up shipping another package out next day with priority shipping chock full of extra records, stickers and other freebies. With Rally, I ordered one 7". A while passed and nothing came. I had ordered the record on red vinyl. Johnny Rally apologized and said he just never shipped it. He sent it out priority the next day with the 7" I ordered on both red and white and threw in a Rally t-shirt.

Both mine come from sellers on eBay. One guy let a purchase of HWM's Alachua seven-inch slip. I think I had won it on grey or something. Instead of sending me what I won he sent me the limited 5th pressing on red/blue. So that was cool. Another guy forgot to get me a Bad Religion LP so he threw in Bad Brains - Rock for the Light w/ no cover for free.

Current experiences: Vinyl Collective...although there has only been one so far and off eBay. Verydistro has the potential to prove great once I get in the package that is on its way.

Previous: All orders with now-defunct Initial Records. They always threw in sampler cd's, stickers, and or other wacky stuff...They used to do a "Party Polaroid" with every order over $50.00....what they would was take a Polaroid pic of the guys in the mailorder department packing your order and then at the bottom of the pic they would write "This order has been put together for_____ by _____." It was some funny stuff.

One order I placed way back in early 90's with Doghouse Records (before they got together with Lumberjack distro) when I placed an order for an Endpoint long-sleeve t-shirt....they were sold out of long-sleeves, so they sent me a short-sleeved one and to make up for it, they threw in 3 7" records and stickers. It was cool.

i agree. i haven't had enough bad experiences where someone has had to make something up to me, but i would say virgil is the man because he's been 100% on target in every single regard over more than a dozen orders. i'll take that over a screw-up someone threw extra stuff in on any day.

Virgil is amazing, I've slowly been purchasing things from him for the past month, at least. and he's been holding every order to ship together and refunding my shipping. I mean, who would just keep all these records aside, waiting for a preorder to come in, that's amazing. (incidentally I ended up placing another order and just asked him to send all the stuff he's had waiting for me) amazing.

also, Nicole at insound.com got back to me very quickly about an order I placed, that was cool.

and this one place on ebay, I hadn't received a record in quite some time, I get an email from paypal that they refunded the money and they sent me an email, saying sorry and to let them know if it shows up (still hasn't, but I was pumped with the quick response) the seller is "rss-cinema"

i just placed an order with Vital mail order and they threw in 3 free 7"s all on colored vinyl and a free cd.

Kiss of death records forgot one of my 7"s that i ordered and sent it priority with a bunch of stickers and buttons, also with a hand written apology note and mentioned free shipping on my next order. Really nice guys, and i will pay for shipping next time but it was a nice offer.

Also ebay i had a great experience when i bought the jawbreaker - busy 7" on clear green vinyl, the kid threw in the fireman promo 7", and a few old jawbreaker flyers and a bunch of stikers and some comps because he felt bad for forgetting to send it out before he went on a short 3 day vacation.

and virgil is on point with orders as well

*awkward*

also, another reason virgil gets my vote: joeybu83 traded me an orange falcon for my white postal service, but he was heading out on vacay as well (i think). he left it with virgil and virgil just shipped it out along with my latest already-massive 5LP VC order!

Vinyl Collective sucks right now. I mean come on, how much longer do I have to wait to get my records so I can put them into storage with the rest of my records! Dealing with Virgil outside of records is interesting. He is always really mean to me and yells and swears nonstop. I am always left feeling open and sore.

Guest scriptedrain

My best customer service when it comes to vinyl is dealing with Virgil here. Sincerely, the guy is a class act and understands how to communicate with the customer and address their concerns without being a dick.

- Jeff

one of the best places i've ordered from is suicide squeeze.

i ordered the highly refined pirates lp and this is what i know about being gigantic cd by minus the bear and they only charged me like $5 for shipping to canada. i got the package about five days later which is unbelievably fast and they also threw in a poster and sticker and what not; definitely a good experience.

i can't really think of any of any other ones at the moment but i'm sure there are a few more as probably 90% of my vinyl collection has come through mailorder.