Chaos in Tejas 2011 Lineup (update 5/19)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

autopsy, iron lung, hatred surge, extortion tonight.

cro-mags asta kask, and d-clone was last night.

it's only day 2 and i already have 6 shirts and about 10 records. so psyched to hear all this shit come my day off.

today, tacos, record swap, tragedy/mind eraser/omega, night birds/marked men, iron age, miasmal, owth. it's gonna be a long day.

fuckin' shit. SHITSTORM was fuckin' phenomenal. That is all. You all missed out. And why were people in the front row of PV/HC shows doing reverse Spirit Fingers? Watz with that?

my ears are ringing. say what you will about crust punx. all the ones i encountered this fest were some of the most polite people i've met. some dude during Doom put his arm around me and was headbanging and asked "you having a good time?" when i answered he said "Me too" and then bolted into the pit. everyone i met was awesome. especially the shitstorm guys (half of torche). and i kept bumping into Dave from The Arrivals (i think). never met him before till Friday. Kept seeing him everywhere after that and bsing with him. solid dude.

Overall great fest and probably one of my favorite thus far. off to bed. gotta work tomorrow. :(

Ended up not seeing the Marked Men because the wife didn't think we should leave my brother's high school graduation party. I'm sure it would have been too hot for her anyway. Saw Mind Spiders, URTC, and OWTH. URTC was probably my favorite. Guitar Wolf was selling some fuckin merch! I kinda wish I would've stuck around for them, but I didn't know they were from Japan.

I saw Little Dave, Floyd, and Paddy in the crowd. I also saw someone get knocked out. A brief fight broke out.

Best fest time ever. 100+ degree days and sweaty humid nights. Shit ruled so hard.

Raged my fucking sweaty ass off with Marty K. at OWTH. Probably the show I was most excited for honestly.

I caught Converge, Touche Amore, Title Fight, Fucked Up, D4, DEP, Ceremony, the Menzingers, Night Birds, and Marked Men for the first time.

I got pissed off at Ceremony for being over 15 minutes late at the Beauty Bar show and thus making me miss them to run next door for OWTH's show. I heard them start before those guys even got done setting up. Made it back for DEP who blew my goddamn mind. Not to say the others weren't incredible but I was told I was in for an experience with them and that was certainly NO lie.

Hugged the fuck out of Damian's sweaty, hairy ass after Fucked Up's set and apologized for the audience not laughing at his jokes. Dinner and a show with that guy. Both them and D4 put on excellent, super fun sets. I couldn't have screamed louder for Patrick to take his shirt off when he said something like "Would the ladies be offended if I took my shirt off? I don't want you to be uncomfortable, but more importantly, I don't want to be uncomfortable. I'm fat and hungover as fuck and it's hot as hell." Sweaty bitch tits and lols for days at Chaos in Tejas.

Everyone was unusually friendly, I agree with Mike. Despite the heat outside and sweltering conditions inside, people were very chill. Actually, maybe everyone was avoiding heat stroke by taking it easy.

I heard (and saw proof that) it got rough at some shows at Emo's but I didn't see anyone walking out fucked up from mine. Even Converge's insane skank/windmill pit seemed orderly.