Bright Eyes - People's Key Deluxe Preorder /2000

gmoney

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree it does look awesome but I guess the whole point of ponying up for the Want It All package is to get the colored vinyl... I actually emailed Saddle Creek to see if they would have any extras and they said they wouldn't unless the packages didn't sell out. Glad I bought one!
I disagree. I LITERALLY have no need for another black band t-shirt, the pins, the poster, or the CD. It's just extra stuff I would never use and to me it seems a little unfair to make the color vinyl exclusive to a $50 package, $25 of which is waste product to me.

The same thing is going on with the Coheed & Cambria SSTB vinyl release. I really want the green vinyl and IRO-Bot 7" but have no need for a poster and priority entry pass to their tour.

It's clever marketing, for sure. But I think it's a bit unfair to a lot of consumers like myself who are passionate enough to want deluxe packaging, but who couldn't care less about unnecessary extras.

I guess they don't care, though, because both packages either have or undoubtedly will sell out.

/rant

I agree with a lot of what you're saying here but the bottom line is that if you want the most limited version of the vinyl, you're going to either have to also pay for some stuff you don't want or just buy another version of the LP for a lot less money. With labels having a difficult time making money it seems like this incentive-based program is a good idea and the consumer isn't really getting screwed because they can still buy the vinyl... just maybe not on the most limited color available. The Bright Eyes LP is available in the exact same packaging on amazon for like $21 bucks and it's one of their top sellers, so clearly plenty of people could care less about the other stuff.

This might not apply in the case of Coheed, though. I don't know much about that release cause I'm not a fan.

it's just super redundant. yes, i want the color vinyl of the Bright Eyes. yes, i'd like the extra 7" and bonus digital download. no, i don't need posters or a cd (duh, LP and download) or a t-shirt. they're just making you buy 3 formats of the record to make the sales numbers look good? i guess.

i get the packages, i just wish the "a little more" bundle was the LP, 7" and bonus digital download. i'd definitely pay $30 for that.

also to kind of reiterate popquizkid's point saddlecreek usually keeps their prices pretty damn low. Had this been a label like hydra head I could easily see them charging 25-30 for the die cut lp. Saddle creek is on top of their game on vinyl front and they keep their prices reasonable.

true, i'm still going to buy it but i'm a little bummed now that Desaparecidos is out of stock! d'oh! i wanted to make an order next week for all the recent stuff i've put off.

this is the first "want it all" bundle to include an exclusive color of the LP. that's all i'm saying. these pictures bum me out because i'd like that color. i'll settle for a black though, no other option now. i just don't see the need to have a cd and all the other nonsense, it should be CD or LP option, no need for both with a digital download.

also, the Land Of Talk package you could buy the 7" separate. then Azure Ray and Tim Kasher had the 7" only available as part of the package.