Cheapest frame online store

coldsnap

since the last couple weeks i've been looking for a place to buy some frames for a couple of art prints/posters i have. But unfortunately i can't find the size i'm looking for, in any stores. I also went to a couple of frame stores by curiosity but the prices are crazy expensive for just a simple custom frame. so i've been wondering what's the cheapest online store i could find some custom frame?

I could not believe the price to customize frames.....It's fuckin' crazy. I just got a Social D print from when I saw them a few weeks ago framed. I had a 60% Off coupon, and it was STILL $120.....without matting!

i take it this was from michaels or hobby lobby or some place similar to that? those coupon offers are deceiving in that they are actually selling you the frame for the price they want / expect to make (by taking the price and doubling it and then giving you a 50% or 60% off coupon). probably would have cost you half that price had you ordered from americanframe.com.

I could not believe the price to customize frames.....It's fuckin' crazy. I just got a Social D print from when I saw them a few weeks ago framed. I had a 60% Off coupon, and it was STILL $120.....without matting!

yeah dude. i wish Ikea would have more frame choices, this is where i bought mine and i find it's the cheapest place to buy these.

I don't take my stuff to custom shops for 3 reasons.

1. I don't need UV glass protection. Shits going to fade, it's a poster, I don't expect it to last forever. I like how glass looks, and use it when I find a good priced frame, but for most things custom I just get the plexi, saves a ton of cash and there are a few options with plexi as far as UV and glare reduction.

2.It's way too fucking expensive. I love it when people have $40 prints in $250 frames. Like wearing Italian loafers with sweatpants.

3. A lot of times people get real gaudy looking matting done. Either way too wide of a boarder or a terrible color.

The last frames I bought online were from ebay user Arttoframes. I will be buying from them again in the future.

The actual cost of framing is next to nothing. They just charge a ton for labor/nothing. Our neighbors own a chain of framing shops, and they do all of our framing at cost of supplies. I got 3 sizable prints (19x25) all professionally framed and all that shit, for like $75. It's ridiculous to think of what they'd normally charge.

Yeah If you are going to be doing quite a bit of framing I would suggest as others have to just go the diy route.

-Pick up a Logan point driver (looks like a staple gun)

-You can get acid free mat board at most art supply stores

-Buy glass from a glass store hell I get 18x24 UV glass for $10.00 @ my glass store.

-And for custom size frames I've owned a logan frame joiner for a few years & it's worked great. buy a standard frame & cut it to size.