Lost in Translation

green bootleg came in. Sounds excellent. I own the picture disk version and this one sounds a lot cleaner. Great deal for those of you still missing out on this soundtrack. I honestly picked up extra copies for gifts in the future, don't know if this one will ever see the light of day again.

The jacket, insert vinyl, labels are all printed with beautiful quality, honestly it looks like a japanese official press. Does not scream bootleg at all.

Now onto the marie antoinette!

Nice! I feel even more excited now! I'm glad I didn't miss out.

I'm sorry, but what the hell are you talking about? Through a wall? What does surround sound have to with how 2-channel recordings are mixed and mastered for vinyl production? Also, equalizers generally don't help sound quality. The volume knob? What? Greatest OSTs of the 2000s??

Alright, that last one was definitely subjective but I'm otherwise convinced you have no idea what you're talking about.

whoa

Hey wildflange, since you seem keen on downvoting people calling you out on your BS, why don't you use your audio engineering expertise to enlighten us on how 7.1 surround sound and an equalizer play any kind of a role in improving the quality of sound reproduction from vinyl records. Since, you know, you'd have to use digital processing to send a stereo signal to more than two channels, which greatly reduces sound quality and ruins the cohesion of stereo imaging, soundstage and frequency response and since any use of an equalizer is just a poor attempt at hiding the inadequacies of a hi-fi chain by introducing even more detrimental alterations of the original recording.

Also, aren't you the guy who claimed that higher priced turntables like the Rega RP3 are a sham? That it's all aesthetics?

Get your ego in line and stop pretending that some imaginary course you might have taken actually gives any weight to the insanities you write.

green bootleg came in. Sounds excellent. I own the picture disk version and this one sounds a lot cleaner. Great deal for those of you still missing out on this soundtrack. I honestly picked up extra copies for gifts in the future, don't know if this one will ever see the light of day again. 

The jacket, insert vinyl, labels are all printed with beautiful quality, honestly it looks like and sounds like a japanese official press. Does not scream bootleg at all.

Now onto the marie antoinette!

That's great to hear! Can't wait to spin mines later this week  :)

I'm in two minds about this. I really want to own it because I love the film, but not sure I can justify over $40 for something I know won't really listen to other than once or twice.

ironic, I've seen the film multiple times and love it, but I've probably played this soundtrack hundreds of time. one of the best soundtracks of the 2000s, no doubt.