HELLO MASSACHUSETTSTSSTS!!

dim

So I graduated college (still can't spell) and moved 6 hours north to the Metro West area of Massachusetts (nailed it!).

Anyway, this past summer when I was on this board everyday 9am - 5pm (boring internship) I remember there were a handful of people from the New England area.

Today I discovered Newberry Comics, which has a wicked (thats the expression here right?) selection but what other good record stores are there around the New England area?

Lemme know.

[edit]

its still there. i cant remember for the life of me what its called though. the selection was sub par usually.

and god damn i wish distort was open more. every time we went there it was closed. the dude eventually gave us his number so we could call him to come open it. but he never picked up.

then it just randomly closed and we took that trip up for nothing...expect mimmos!

dynamite records is in thornes

there is mystery train in amherst too

Turn It Up is alright, but I put those two above it pretty easily. I go to Northampton for my two favorite things, music and food. I always have an awesome time.

i've never found anything of high interest vinyl wise in turn it up. i bought a prozacs 7" and a potshot 7". thats it. and i've been there many times.

Turn It Up is alright, but I put those two above it pretty easily. I go to Northampton for my two favorite things, music and food. I always have an awesome time.

i've never found anything of high interest vinyl wise in turn it up. i bought a prozacs 7" and a potshot 7". thats it. and i've been there many times.

Yeah, I know what you're saying. I think my best find was The Cars greatest hits for $1. I love The Cars, but that statement says a good amount about the place.

Main Street Records in Northhampton was the business. I was bummed when they closed.

Dynamite is good, but not for punk/hardcore. In Your Ear on Commonwealth Ave (I think) is hit or miss. There's a new store up in Haverhill (Welfare Records) that is supposed to be good, but i haven't been. And if you take a short drive to Providence and go to the Armageddon Shop, that place is pretty sweet.

I keep hearing mixed things about In Your Ear, I might check it out soon. Any clue if the one in Harvard square is run by the same dudes? Also, theres Planet Records in Harvard square which I STILL haven't checked out for some reason, even though I've worked across the st for almost half a year now.

I keep hearing mixed things about In Your Ear, I might check it out soon. Any clue if the one in Harvard square is run by the same dudes? Also, theres Planet Records in Harvard square which I STILL haven't checked out for some reason, even though I've worked across the st for almost half a year now.

What's Planet Records next to? I go to Harvard Square all the time and have never been in there.

i've never ever found 1 thing at planet that even looks remotly intersting

it's usually old random shit, i've never even seen a punk record in that place

newbury in harvard sq. is so/so for brand new rcords

in your ear is also extremely hit or miss,

i just saw a planes mistaken lp in there the other day and was shocked i found something that i had heard of before

twisted village seems to have alot of expensive indie lps, i've only been a couple times

and that is the break down on harvard sq vinyl...