Verizon iPhone

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can't wait until Verizon's 3G network gets overloaded and everyone complains about that!

lulz. i was thinking the same thing. CANT WAIT FOR CRAPPIER SERVICE, THANKS APPLE!

also, i hardly ever ever actually talk to people on my phone (yes, lol @ that), so i don't see why everyone makes a big deal about being unable to use voice and data at the same time.

can't wait until Verizon's 3G network gets overloaded and everyone complains about that!

lulz. i was thinking the same thing. CANT WAIT FOR CRAPPIER SERVICE, THANKS APPLE!

also, i hardly ever ever actually talk to people on my phone (yes, lol @ that), so i don't see why everyone makes a big deal about being unable to use voice and data at the same time.

Verizon Network >>> AT&T Network

Am I missing something here?

I barely talk to people either, but use data while on the phone quite a bit. I've also never had a problem with ATT.

I honestly think this has been built up so much for so many years that a lot of people are going to be disappointed.

i hardly ever ever actually talk to people on my phone (yes, lol @ that), so i don't see why everyone makes a big deal about being unable to use voice and data at the same time.
I am the same, though simultaneous voice/data is definitely a standard on other modern networks and I can see the point.

Obviously the big pull is that Verizon will be offering unlimited data plans to new iPhone users where AT&T no longer does.

Though I will mention that a buddy of mine recently got an iPhone through AT&T and while he was on the phone with the setup rep, supposedly very easily talked his way in to an unlimited data package. He said it was a business account, that he travels a lot and was told by another rep that they could set him up with unlimited data.

I have an unlimited data plan with AT&T. Had it since before they decided to 86 it and no longer it offer it to new customers. Hopefully...and Scott A. has said it is so...once I switch to the iPhone4 and renew my AT&T contract I'll still retain that unlimited plan.

when I upgraded to my iphone4 I kept my unlimited data with ATT.

Personally, I think this is a crock of shit put out by AT&T to try to downplay how terrible their service is. I had a free AT&T cell phone from work that I had before the iPhone was released. The service was identically shitty. It was so terrible I ended up having to pay for cell service with a carrier that wasn't terrible. Fuck AT&T.

I'm in no hurry to get an iPhone. Whenever I replace my current phone I'll probably get one, but I would never have switched to AT&T just for this. Everyone I know who has AT&T hates it, and though I'm sure there are problems with Verizon I have personally had great service and haven't heard anyone complain about theirs.

I am curious what having a shitload of iPhones on Verizon's network will do to its overall performance. I'm sure they've thought of that, but I'm still a little wary.