Jay Reatard Shattered News Update!!!

Hi all -

It has been an excruciatingly long time coming, but we are happy to announce that the final pieces of the Jay Reatard Shattered Club are in manufacture and will be ready to be shipped to you within the next 2-4 weeks.

We had promised an original 7" exclusively for Shattered Club members. Two days before Jay passed away he recorded two songs at home: "You Get No Love" and "I Am Growing." They were to be his final recordings. They have never been heard before now. We have pressed these songs onto a 7" and it will be available only to you. It will not be for sale in any shops, not given to blogs for free download, and will not available digitally. Inside the 7" you'll find a personal note written by Jeffrey Novak.

We had promised a live 7" exclusively for Shattered Club members. Instead we are sending you a full live album from an incredible set at the Golden Plains Festival in Australia in 2008. This is a full-length 14-song LP, again only for Shattered Club members.

We had promised a t-shirt exclusively for Shattered Club members. Nicholas Gazin, the artist who created the images for Jay's final tour - The Shattered Records Tour - has painted a watercolor that we are printing on t-shirts. This will only be available to Shattered members.

By now you should have already received Watch Me Fall on CD or LP, and MP3s of Watch Me Fall, the 25-song Greatest Messes: The Shattered Club Edition, The Reatards' Teenage Hate, Jeffrey Novak's "Home Sweet Home" and Hunx & His Punx's "Teardrops On My Telephone." We will also be sending you MP3s of the final Shattered Records 7" from Useless Eaters entitled "Hear/See."

And we'll be adding more goodies at random in these packages, including test pressings, Shattered Tour t-shirts, and other items we have been saving up.

In 2011 expect a full slate of Jay releases, including a feature-length documentary film, Reatards and Lost Sounds reissues, and a definitive greatest hits record.

Thursday is first anniversary of Jay's passing. We hope these releases will give you some comfort and joy, and that you will continue to support and champion Jay's music.

All the best -

Adam Shore

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what was sent out last year to members, this was almost a year ago:

Hi -

I want to thank everyone for your patience as we've been dealing with the events of the last month. This has been an unbearably sad time for his friends and family, and we're just now coming to terms with what steps to take to preserve his legacy.

There will be news soon on an ambitious reissue campaign to get his entire 22 album catalog in print once again. But in the meantime I want to let you all know the Shattered Records Club will continue, and we will fulfill everything we offered and that you paid for.

So there will be a 7", a live 7" and a t-shirt. And all these will be exclusive to the club, pressed in editions of just 250 copies each.

Right now we are going through boxes of recordings and several hard drives to find special recordings to give you guys - his biggest fans. I can't say exactly when they will be ready but know we are working on them and I look forward to getting them into your hands so you can have one last piece of Jay's legacy for yourselves.

More to come....

Adam