House Buying Tips...

HA! After I change out my 20-something windows (fucking shit man) and I am sure that everything is good, that's when the fun will start haha Especially for Halloween

How the fuck can they make you do that.... if someone pulled old rotten wood windows then installing modern vinyl fuck them. i upgraded with reasonably priced nice vinyl windows and was almost $14,000 21 windows and 1 slider door. Look into Sunrise windows in factory in Mich (what we went with), Okna windows in PA see if you have a distributer or installer in your area. Their were no Okna in our area but are considered the best out their and reasonable. pella are shit.... anything from depot or lowes are overpriced heavily marketed shit...... pay the same or less with a smaller co but get awsome windows i spent like 2 years on and off making a decision.

My house buying tip is this. Don't buy a house. Rent an apartment and with extra money travel every year.

Breakeven point in a stable market is usually about 5 years. You will be able to travel more in the long run if you buy and stay put.

Just might do more of the traveling later in your life but if you buy modestly, should easily be able to fit in a trip here and there.

And when old (noone looks ahead, just about right now) you own your house and dont have to worry about rent ect when you will be too old or broken down to work (not to harp but especially if you smoke, everything falls apart faster and more severely its fact). If you havent paid you house off by the time your 50 you stretched yourself thin and got too expensive of a house of just mad minimum payments ect.

My buddies mom rented forever in really high end areas pays prob 2k+/month for rent (Novi, Farmington Hills Michigan areas) in super fancy apartments, refuses to buy a cheaper house in a "low rent" area. Now shes in her mid 50s and has to work untill she dies to keep paying rent since she has nothing.

My parents had a house but lost it when dad went to prison in '89. Rented forever and now moms living and paying us rent from her and my dads Social Security (the mortgage were not making money $500/mo) at the wifes old little cottage house.

We started paying 1 more payment a year (supposedly cuts 6 years or so off a 30 year) Im going to start dumping any bonus checks on it too so hopefully 5-10k more a year and have it paid off in 10 to 15 years (we owe like 165k) then just $2500 a year in property taxes till I or she dies.

Got my first electric bill, stacked a cycle and a half, $544. Good thing I'm constantly working OT and don't have a life outside of my job ;)

I imagine this'll lower, this was in the midst of the move and we had lights and AC rollin' while we painted and all that jazz. I never thought I'd pay an electric bill as high as my car payment, crap.

Got my first electric bill, stacked a cycle and a half, $544. Good thing I'm constantly working OT and don't have a life outside of my job ;)

I imagine this'll lower, this was in the midst of the move and we had lights and AC rollin' while we painted and all that jazz. I never thought I'd pay an electric bill as high as my car payment, crap.

I'd probably faint if I saw that.

How the fuck can they make you do that.... if someone pulled old rotten wood windows then installing modern vinyl fuck them. i upgraded with reasonably priced nice vinyl windows and was almost $14,000 21 windows and 1 slider door. Look into Sunrise windows in factory in Mich (what we went with), Okna windows in PA see if you have a distributer or installer in your area. Their were no Okna in our area but are considered the best out their and reasonable. pella are shit.... anything from depot or lowes are overpriced heavily marketed shit...... pay the same or less with a smaller co but get awsome windows i spent like 2 years on and off making a decision.

Thank you for the info! It's a appreciated! I actually looked into legal help and they all said the city can basically do whatever they want and if they choose to fight it, it will end up costing the same or more in legal fees....so for now I just keep emailing them randomly and wait for a reply to show them that I'm working on it

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have been in my house for almost 3 years now. I grew up in apartments so I was a little shellshocked about how much stuff actually costs. Previous tenants always left stuff behind, my mind was blown at the cost of stuff like rakes, shovels etc etc. The only advice I can give is don't stress out over everything, life is expensive.

I have been in my house for almost 3 years now. I grew up in apartments so I was a little shellshocked about how much stuff actually costs. Previous tenants always left stuff behind, my mind was blown at the cost of stuff like rakes, shovels etc etc. The only advice I can give is don't stress out over everything, life is expensive.

I couldn't have read this at a better time. We're closing in the next 2 weeks and things are getting real about realizing how much things cost.

I'm usually pretty chilled, but this has got me stressing a bit.