Inside the gift bag at the VMAs

Guest scriptedrain

It has 3 cables attached to it:

1. Power

2. USB

3. A/V

It doesn't have to be connected to the computer to work, so basically to answer your question: Yes.

- Jeff

I probably have a more discerning ear than most. I'm pretty picky about production/sound quality. Id have to hear it for myself.

I'm pretty sure most do around these parts. If you listen to any digitized music and are happy with it or at least content you would get the same if not better for digitizing vinyl. Even if you don't, its still the best you're going to get without hooking up a hi-fi in your car. ;D

I probably have a more discerning ear than most. I'm pretty picky about production/sound quality. Id have to hear it for myself.

If you listen to any digitized music and are happy with it or at least content you would get the same if not better for digitizing vinyl.

Untrue. With music that is recorded digitally, to be played on a digital medium (CD, digital download, etc.), the loss of "quality" is going to be significantly lower than if you record on an analog medium (tape) and transfer to CD. You lose the "warmth" that you get with an analog format. The same can be said for converting an analog medium to a digital one, i.e. ripping vinyl to your computer. Even at an extremely high bitrate, you're going to lose certain aspects of the sonic quality. I could talk about this all day long.

If you listen to any digitized music and are happy with it or at least content you would get the same if not better for digitizing vinyl.

Untrue. With music that is recorded digitally, to be played on a digital medium (CD, digital download, etc.), the loss of "quality" is going to be significantly lower than if you record on an analog medium (tape) and transfer to CD. You lose the "warmth" that you get with an analog format. The same can be said for converting an analog medium to a digital one, i.e. ripping vinyl to your computer. Even at an extremely high bitrate, you're going to lose certain aspects of the sonic quality. I could talk about this all day long.

But that assumes a clear path of analog. I doubt most artists have access to analog equipment for recording.

And again, what are you going to do, run around with a walkman and a backpack full of tapes? I recorded "Blue Train" from the 180 gram LP to digital and play it off my iPod through one of those Bose sounddock things. It sounds incredible. I'm not saying I don't prefer analog. Clearly I do or I wouldn't have 2,000 records filling up a room in my house. But for what I need it for the digital conversion software I use is badass. It sounds good enough.