He Is Legend - I Am Hollywood 12" Pink w/Gold

A friend of mine hung out with them when they came to college station recently and has kept in contact with Matty since.  I badgered her until she agreed to bring up the possibility of pressing one or more of their records at some point in the near future.... This reminded me that I need to find out if she ever made good on that promise.  Will get back to you guys when she gets back to me.  Probably not going anywhere given how much of a long shot it is, but I had to try.  These albums are too good to remain unpressed.

suck out the poison definitely has its mehhh moments but that album brings the riffs harder than any other he is legend album i think, and even though ETID and some other bands beat them to the southern thing it was still a pretty organic transition for them. weird to look at skyler now and compare it to when they used to play christian hardcore and didn't have beards. 

it hates you i think is cool overall and has a few killer tracks so its a great front to back listen, but its lacking in the riffs after the loss of their other guitarist. 

the riff of (((Louds is just so awesome...that song...I love Suck out the Poison....and the riff of Attack of the Dungeon Witch is so rad. I don't know what people don't like. album is awesome.

I know! I find myself working out to that album almost every time I want to make sure I hit it hard. Pot bellied goddess is probably my favorite song as far as lyrics go. It's hard to pick just one song I like for the riffs. I'm happy to see so much love for SOTP. When I started this thread a few years ago everyone forced me to change it to IAH.

I'm not sure if you know what that means, cause you definitely didn't apply it correctly.

you're probably right. I don't know how to internet. I just thought trolling was being a contrarian just to see what other people say. Also, you're the first person I've ever known of to prefer it hates you to any other HIL album. I figured it was a joke.

See if I said "if anyone doesn't like it hates you, you probably suck at life and should consider killing yourself" 

vs. expressing my personal opinion which was "I like it hates you the most"

But yes, different opinions exist out there and yes, it may be weird that I like it hates you more than the rest, especially the wrong version. Maybe I listen to too much dj screw. 

After reading this thread I went and listened to both albums and I have to say It Hates You is actually really fucking good. I still can't stand Suck Out the Poison though.

Try starting at track 6 and turn that shit up. I didn't like it when it first came out. I feel like it was because of the first few songs. Now I love all the songs. Attack of the dungeon witch has an awesome ending.

Try starting at track 6 and turn that shit up. I didn't like it when it first came out. I feel like it was because of the first few songs. Now I love all the songs. Attack of the dungeon witch has an awesome ending.

Surprised to hear this! To each his own of course, but the first two tracks of that album are some of my favorite He Is Legend songs in general, easily my fav on the album along with China White II and Goldie's Torn Locks. 

If anything, my biggest gripe with Suck out the Poison was always that it felt bloated at times. I've since come to terms with pretty much the entirety of the album, although while I appreciate Clouds not just being a rehash of that verse riff over and over (as sick as it is) I always find myself wishing the female vocals in the song's second half were not there. Would've been better as just a guitar solo IMO that whole section is really fucking grating, it was sick seeing that song live because they just jammed that section instrumental and let it breathe. 

edit: oh yeah the the interludes blow too, but it still has my favorite 'sound' of any HIL record. if their material was pressed in a box set, I would love to see it all included, 91025 and It Hates You would be beyond clutch. 

• 4 years later...