He Is Legend - I Am Hollywood 12" Pink w/Gold

Finally got a chance to listen to this today. Sounded better than I expected but not as good as I hoped. For being under 20 minutes per side, I expected less IGD. Clarity and dynamic range are uneven throughout but never amazing. There's definitely a source-inherent crunch to this album, and I think they did a pretty good job of making it listenable in the transition to vinyl, but it's still definitely there. I was listening via headphones, so maybe speakers will be more forgiving. For a long awaited pressing, I think it could've been worse, but I'd like to think it could have been better too, even considering source limitations. I have a yellow copy, so I'd be curious to hear any comments about the quality of the other variants.

On 5/30/2022 at 1:27 AM, rcafilm said:

Finally got a chance to listen to this today. Sounded better than I expected but not as good as I hoped. For being under 20 minutes per side, I expected less IGD. Clarity and dynamic range are uneven throughout but never amazing. There's definitely a source-inherent crunch to this album, and I think they did a pretty good job of making it listenable in the transition to vinyl, but it's still definitely there. I was listening via headphones, so maybe speakers will be more forgiving. For a long awaited pressing, I think it could've been worse, but I'd like to think it could have been better too, even considering source limitations. I have a yellow copy, so I'd be curious to hear any comments about the quality of the other variants.

I listened to the green copy today. noticed a good amount of surface noise, loved how punchy the bass is. 

19 minutes ago, AlexH. said:

Got my yellow copy over the weekend but I won't be able to listen for a few months due to a move in progress. Still salty that the screen printed gold, the only good looking cover variant and the one that looks closest to the original cover, was an event exclusive.

Sure the gold is the closest, but the yellow isn't far off at all. Not sure how you can say gold is the "only good looking cover variant."

Edit: I mean, I know it's your opinion, but it isn't that different.

Edited by MachoHommeRandallSauvage

55 minutes ago, birdturbo said:

if anything, the color of the wax itself is way off on the yellow. but whatever.

Oh, for sure, but I'll take it. Can't imagine this will see another repress any time soon.

This album makes me nostalgic for a VERY specific six month period of my life.

Edited by MachoHommeRandallSauvage

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, itsWetWilly said:

Just a heads up, for anyone that didn’t get their hands on one, it looks like there are some leftovers of the green variant. Not sure when or where they will appear. Sorry, @andrewlucas, if you already spent secondary market prices.

Nice! No I have been waiting for prices to drop more. They’re slowly going down. 

7 hours ago, andrewlucas said:

Got my alarm set for 5pst tomorrow so I don’t miss it. It’s 1 per person and you can’t pick the color but I’m gonna have a friend try to order one too so I can hopefully get one green and one yellow. 

Kind of messed up when in the video they even mention how they only want people to buy one . I’m going to dm them your account and maybe they’ll cancel one of your orders. If you really want a second one buy it on eBay and be a considerate person.

16 minutes ago, Michaelgetsboss said:

Kind of messed up when in the video they even mention how they only want people to buy one . I’m going to dm them your account and maybe they’ll cancel one of your orders. If you really want a second one buy it on eBay and be a considerate person.

Looool

I hope you know his friend's details too. He is like their biggest fan and wanted to buy this so bad and missed out, so let him be (not to mention he doesn't technically buying 2 as his friend's will to give it to him) 

Ps.: you could buy 2 of each when these were originally on sale, so sit down Sherlock! 

Edited by xfactor675

5 minutes ago, Michaelgetsboss said:

God, I hope this is a joke.

4 hours ago, xfactor675 said:

Looool

I hope you know his friend's details too. He is like their biggest fan and wanted to buy this so bad and missed out, so let him be (not to mention he doesn't technically buying 2 as his friend's will to give it to him) 

Ps.: you could buy 2 of each when these were originally on sale, so sit down Sherlock! 

Did you watch the video? The band had no input in how the record was handled they said they’re going to ip check and make sure people are ordering one and using the “honor system” they only want you to have one. If you’re the biggest fan I think you’d listen to what the band is saying

7 minutes ago, Michaelgetsboss said:

Did you watch the video? The band had no input in how the record was handled they said they’re going to ip check and make sure people are ordering one and using the “honor system” they only want you to have one. If you’re the biggest fan I think you’d listen to what the band is saying

I did. But it's not like he is going to flip it or anything... and how the hell they connect 2 different people with 2 different addresses and 2 different IPs and also it is possible that only one of them will succeed. you are way too overreacting this.

Edited by xfactor675

55 minutes ago, xfactor675 said:

I did. But it's not like he is going to flip it or anything... and how the hell they connect 2 different people with 2 different addresses and 2 different IPs and also it is possible that only one of them will succeed. you are way too overreacting this.

It’s also possible neither of us will succeed. Better to have two people trying. 
And technically since the band doesn’t want fans buying records from resellers, me and a friend buying one copy direct is exactly what they want. Why would I buy a $75 record from some random seller when I can get the money direct to the band?