He Is Legend - I Am Hollywood 12" Pink w/Gold

I was on the site before it went live. There was a site owner password. Kept refreshing and got one in my cart. Website was in test mode for 13 minutes and wouldn’t allow people to checkout. I went to the IG post to see if it was just me. Sold out within 1 minute while I was checking the post. My friend gave up within 2 minutes because he didn’t give a shit. 
long story short, I didn’t even get one. Back to supporting flippers on eBay I guess. 

That may have been one of the more wild things I’ve seen a band do with records. I’ve been a fan of HIL since before SOTP, but that was crazy. To say they’ll refund your order if you buy more than one and then charge $100 is nuts. Reading the IG comments is truly a LOL experience. Sorry, @andrewlucas, looks like you’ll have to stick to paying less than “retail.” Bummer. 

1 hour ago, itsWetWilly said:

That may have been one of the more wild things I’ve seen a band do with records. I’ve been a fan of HIL since before SOTP, but that was crazy. To say they’ll refund your order if you buy more than one and then charge $100 is nuts. Reading the IG comments is truly a LOL experience. Sorry, @andrewlucas, looks like you’ll have to stick to paying less than “retail.” Bummer. 

Yeah it’s like they’re charging $70 for signatures. I have my other records signed by them. It’s not hard to meet them at shows since they usually hang out before and after. I was still willing to pay the $100 though because I’d rather the band have the money than some random. Whatever. 
the release should have been postponed an hour or so to fix the issue. The test mode thing gave too many late-comers the opportunity to have the record in their carts already. It was all luck. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...