PO: Me First and the Gimme Gimmes @ Fat

Got mine today, they look pretty cool.

[image]

Ordered a slipmat, too, which I thought decidedly less cool. It came folded in half to fit the envelope, so there's a big crease down the middle. Plus, it's a felt slipmat, which for some reason doesn't seem to be as cool to me as a rubber slipmat. Any pro/con for rubber vs. felt slipmats? I don't know the difference.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the felt splipmats were designed more for DJs to be able to stop and que up stuff more precisely...or some BS like that...

exactly. With the felt ones they can stop the record with there hand while the platter spins freely under the mat so when they let go the record instantly goes back to speed. I know when I bought my SL-1200 new it came with a felt and rubber mat. Rubber for Hi-Fi use and felt for DJ.

For the record, I'm waiting as patiently as I can for this to arrive. Especially since I went all out and have a pretty good sized order coming in with it.

I think the felt splipmats were designed more for DJs to be able to stop and que up stuff more precisely...or some BS like that...

exactly. With the felt ones they can stop the record with there hand while the platter spins freely under the mat so when they let go the record instantly goes back to speed. I know when I bought my SL-1200 new it came with a felt and rubber mat. Rubber for Hi-Fi use and felt for DJ.

For the record, I'm waiting as patiently as I can for this to arrive. Especially since I went all out and have a pretty good sized order coming in with it.

Thanks for the explanation.

Seems kind of weird Fat Wreck Chords would sell a felt slipmat, isn't it? I just assumed it would be rubber like the other record labels slipmats that I've seen.

[

Are the No Idea slipmats felt? I thought about maybe getting one of those, too.

Other than No Idea, Fat, and MTS, I haven't seen any other custom label slipmats.

No Idea ones are Felt!

I also have a Fat Wreck, Kiss Of Death, 1-2-3-4-Go, It's Alive, Razorcake and a few band ones (Against Me!, Hot Water Music, Coalesce) and they're all Felt