eBay feedback

i received a record today that i paid $12 to get shipped and it came in media mail priced at $3.16. it was in a mailer but no cardboard, the record got tossed around and it ripped the spine. totally pissed i contact the seller to compliment him on his shipping services and he gets offended that I'm pissed. i don't even want to try to resole it now, i just want to leave negative feedback now. it that harsh?

Not at all - that definitely deserves negative feedback.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i received a record today that i paid $12 to get shipped and it came in media mail priced at $3.16. it was in a mailer but no cardboard, the record got tossed around and it ripped the spine. totally pissed i contact the seller to compliment him on his shipping services and he gets offended that I'm pissed. i don't even want to try to resole it now, i just want to leave negative feedback now. it that harsh?

Not at all - that definitely deserves negative feedback.

Bought a record that some dude shipped diagonally in an auto parts box, filled out with packing peanuts. No plastic sleeve, and he left the record inside the jacket. Spine's punched through, jacket's bent, dinged, and torn. This is the e-mail convo we had...

While I appreciate the speedy shipping, the way you packed the record left something to be desired. It might have been mint when you had it, but putting it into a box too small for the LP meant that when I got it, the cover was bent and torn. Is there any way we can rectify this?

I'm sorry but theres no way the cover could have torn inside box. There's not enough weight to it for the box to have been smashed when thrown about. The listing also said that the record was in mint condition. The album cover was in perfect condition when I packed it with the peanuts. Considering there is nothing wrong with the record, I can't offer you anything. No refunds.

Well, hey - thanks for blaming me for the cover being damaged.

So, I left negative feedback, and get a request back, asking me to change feedback for the following reason:

The box was not packed with foam peanuts. The said damage was not from improper packing.

I responded that I have an e-mail that he sent wherein he said he used peanuts. It's since been quiet. What a douche.

yesterday i was reading this and thinking "i hope this doesn't happen to me"...

literally about 30 minutes ago when i got home, i had a big ass envelope waiting for me with a hole in it... come to find out it was a pretty rare OOP record i had purchased for a pretty good amount of money on ebay about a week ago. jacket is fucked. SO mad.

WHO WOULD THINK THIS IS A GOOD IDEA?!

User "peacebewitcha" was selling NIN - The Fragile UK triple LP. Except it was fake. I noticed from a very small detail about a minute after I'd made my paypal payment thanks to some helpful folks on a NIN forum, apologized and said I noticed it was fake. I told him how I could tell, and wanted my payment cancelled.

All he said was "You had days to find out what you were bidding on. You completely wasted my time." He did give me my money back immediately, left me bad feedback for "not paying, cancelling, accuses of item being fake, BUYERS BEWARE". I thought it was funny he made a stink about me saying it was bootlegged yet never refuted it himself. The auction ended at around $115, too. I just responded by saying I hope somebody else wasn't naive enough to get ripped off by him like I almost did. His shipping was astronomical too, $30 for the first LP, $4 for each additional one. Bullshit.

Just got this feedback today:

"Record is warped, but great ebayer!"

The feedback was marked positive. I'm at a loss on taking any action.

???

ask him to send you a picture? if it was warped, you can always apologize and offer to fix it to have that removed, or it might not be "warped," but perhaps not lay perfectly flat on the table.

i put a post up earlier about a bad experience, left negative feedback and now the dude won't stop emailing me. he's being a total dick. can i report this guy or ban him or something?

If you know he's an ass then just delete his messages without opening them. There is nothing he can do. Unless he's using threatening language eBay is unlikely to take any action.