guys...what are you planning for valentine's day?

scotty

before we get into a discussion about how fake this crap is, rest assured i completely agree with you. in fact, i even hate birthdays, xmas, new years, st. patrick's day etc. but, my wife likes this sorta thing and seeing her happy is awesome. sitting at home listening to her whine about how she wishes we were eating awesome food somewhere great; not so fun.

so! what you are guys doing?

this year i've done something different...my best friend and i have booked a double-date at an awesome restaurant. it's two couples and we hang out all the time anyway, so, this should be fun.

man i sound like such a weiner :(

My girlfriend and I may take a trip. Looking at heading to San Fransisco and Noise Pop Fest to see Wavves and Best Coast is an added bonus. This is like a week after V-Day though.

when i saw that show i considered the exact same thing. but her birthdays the 7th, and theyre in boston the 4th. so that worked out to be waaaay cheaper

what are you guys doing besides the candy/card/flowers bullshit?

i'm planning not to involve any of the three but i guess going for dinner is basically along the same lines. my dinner is more like a hangout at a more upscale pub though...so we can still be loud and party a bit.

last v-day i gave her gifts that reminded her of 10-12 years ago when she was a hilarious goth who only listened to the cult and sisters of mercy (great bands btw, but, she looked hilarious). i basically took a ton of photos of her when she was goth and put boobs on them. i know she keeps that stuff and she definitely kept those.

so maybe think of things that will poke fun in a memorable way? listen to records together and do the dishes together? watch american pie 1 & 2 back to back after listening to a bunch of blink 182? (i've been doing that alone recently and it makes me so excited for summer)