Record Store Day 2011 Thread - April 16

Ryan Adams Prepping Record Store Day Release?

Each of the past few years, Record Store Day has brought music diehards a ton of exciting, exclusive releases available only at independent record stores. This year’s batch of releases includes enticing limited-edition records from a whole bunch of our favorites. And if early indications hold true, Ryan Adams may also have a RSD-record in the works.

Yesterday, cover art for a record presumably titled Class Mythology was uploaded to the songwriter’s Facebook page. This EP, whose name is likely a reference a chapter title in his poetry collection, Infinity Blues, would feature previously unreleased tracks from his days with the Cardinals supporting him. The limited edition 7" (2,500 copies pressed) would include four “unreleased outtakes” from the Cardinology-era, including a B-side titled “Invisible Red.”

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2011/03/ryan-adams-preps-record-store-day-release.html

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryan Adams Prepping Record Store Day Release?

Each of the past few years, Record Store Day has brought music diehards a ton of exciting, exclusive releases available only at independent record stores. This year’s batch of releases includes enticing limited-edition records from a whole bunch of our favorites. And if early indications hold true, Ryan Adams may also have a RSD-record in the works.

Yesterday, cover art for a record presumably titled Class Mythology was uploaded to the songwriter’s Facebook page. This EP, whose name is likely a reference a chapter title in his poetry collection, Infinity Blues, would feature previously unreleased tracks from his days with the Cardinals supporting him. The limited edition 7" (2,500 copies pressed) would include four “unreleased outtakes” from the Cardinology-era, including a B-side titled “Invisible Red.”

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2011/03/ryan-adams-preps-record-store-day-release.html

If you click the Paste Magazine link, they attribute their info to the Twenty-Four Bit blog that posted it yesterday. However, Consequence of Sound has already confirmed today that the release is official and the Wax Poetic blog was *right*

Is there anyway to tell what stores are getting what? There is only one store within an hour driving. I'm willing to drive further but not at the risk of getting shafted.

If you're only looking for a select few releases I'm sure you could call the store and ask if they ordered any.

Is there anyway to tell what stores are getting what? There is only one store within an hour driving. I'm willing to drive further but not at the risk of getting shafted.

even if a store orders something there is no guarantee they will get it. lots of stores don't know what they get until they open the boxes. the least you can do is ask and hope.

If you're only looking for a select few releases I'm sure you could call the store and ask if they ordered any.

I HAVE to get my hands on that JEW repress and a bunch of others, I've been saving for this day since December hahaha

I HAVE to get my hands on that JEW repress and a bunch of others, I've been saving for this day since December hahaha

I fully expect to walk out of the store with no less than $100-$200 worth of stuff. There's just too many good releases this year.

I fully expect to walk out of the store with no less than $100-$200 worth of stuff. There's just too many good releases this year.

This is my first record store day! I got into collecting about a year ago and I'm obsessed now! It's bad, I spend way too much money every month on records! My receiver just shit the bed this weekend, smoke and everything! I need a new one now and my roommate is taking his player so now I need to spend more on that too. Totally sucks. Yes, I'm fully planning on dropping around 200 on records that day haha

This is my first record store day! I got into collecting about a year ago and I'm obsessed now! It's bad, I spend way too much money every month on records! My receiver just shit the bed this weekend, smoke and everything! I need a new one now and my roommate is taking his player so now I need to spend more on that too. Totally sucks. Yes, I'm fully planning on dropping around 200 on records that day haha

sucks on the receiver bro

i hear ya though- this is the first time ive been able to appreciate record store day. last year i celebrated and went shopping, but i was oblivious to all the special releases. and i dont really count black friday rsd, but i was able to grab a couple things that day.

The new Gorillaz album is coming out on vinyl for RSD. From the inbox:

Gorillaz fan club download album The Fall is now set to be released on 180gm vinyl on April 16, 2011 by EMI's Virgin Records.

The album was created throughout the Gorillaz 19-date North American Tour last autumn. Recorded on a daily basis in various hotels and venues, The Fall, is a sonic diary of that journey.

A download of The Fall was originally gifted to members of the Gorillaz fan club on December 25, 2010. The 15-track album produced by Gorillaz and Stephen Sedgwick, will also be made available on CD and as a digital download on April 19.

Anberlin release also here: http://pegrecords.com/

and here: http://www.vvinyl.com/s/record_store_day/

So yes, it is coming out. I have the 1 sheet promo in my e-mail inbox if you need to read it.

As for the EITS, the releases have been on the RSD Netherlands site since Day 1 and have also recently been mentioned on the front page (posted 3/8/11: http://www.recordstoreday.nl/nieuws.php?id=27). It may be a UK/EU only release, but I'm pretty sure it is happening.

Here's more info on all of Polyvinyl's RSD releases:

Deerhoof

Friend Opportunity

LP (w/ MP3)

Limited to 1,000 on 180-gram green vinyl

Mighty Clouds

Mighty Clouds

LP (w/ MP3)

Limited to 500 on 180-gram black vinyl

Owen

O, Evelyn

7" (w/ MP3)

Limited to 2,000 on black vinyl ("Girlfriend In A Coma" cover on the B-side)

of Montreal

The Past Is A Grotesque Animal

12" (w/ MP3)

Limited to 1,000 on 180-gram black vinyl (hand-screenprinted jacket; B-side is new version of the A-side played by Kevin Barnes, Yeah Yeah Yeahs guitarist Nick Zinner and members of the Moonrats)

Architecture in Helsinki

Places Like This Special Edition

LP (w/ MP3)

Limited to 500 on 180-gram pink vinyl

Joan of Arc

Joan of Arc Presents: Don't Mind Control Special Edition

LP (w/ MP3)

Limited to 500 on 180-gram blue vinyl (w/18x24 poster + 24-song download of the Don't Mind Control Variety Show featuring Cap'n Jazz's first reunion set)

Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin

Broom Special Edition

LP (w/ MP3)

Limited to 500 on 180-gram white vinyl (w/poster + 3 bonus songs not on CD)

Deerhoof / XIU XIU

Almost Xiu Xiu, Almost Deerhoof Split

7" (w/ MP3)

Limited to 2,000 on orange vinyl

Vivian Girls

I Heard You Say

7" (w/ MP3)

Limited to 2000 on black vinyl (w/exclusive B-side)

Mates of State

Team Boo Special Edition

LP (w/ MP3)

Limited to 500 on 180-gram red vinyl (includes 5 digital bonus tracks, which I'm guessing are the European tour EP)

Busdriver

ATM

7" (w/ MP3)

Limited to 1,000 on baby blue vinyl