P.O. Now: Lydia - Illuminate (15th Anniversary)

1 hour ago, BrainGilliams said:

The Illuminate anniversary pressing is available in the band's store!  It's a little spendy at $30 plus approx $6 in shipping.  There are a couple bundles available also. 

http://store.lydiaband.com/products/632865-illuminate-anniversary-vinyl

If I remember correctly, the original announcement had shown a black mockup but I guess they went with a splatter.  

Thank you so much for posting this. I’ve randomly been checking their store and waiting for an announcement. 

35 minutes ago, Juturna90 said:

Thank you so much for posting this. I’ve randomly been checking their store and waiting for an announcement. 

Same here, just happened to check this morning and there it was.  They haven't announced it on any of their social media platforms for some reason. 

11 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Damn, I think stl_ben was totally on board to flip this release until you muttered those words.  Like a personal kryptonite.

one of those times i regret not being enough of a regular here to get the joke haha

Edited by copelandkid

1 hour ago, copelandkid said:

anyone able to comment on how this new pressing sounds? just broke out my SCR blue and it sounds like compressed buttcheeks. wouldn't mind upgrading on the sound, even if i prefer the OG art...

I don't think anyone can comment on sound because nobody has these in-hand yet.  The first of the reunion shows is on December 27th so they'll start showing around that time. 

58 minutes ago, BrainGilliams said:

I don't think anyone can comment on sound because nobody has these in-hand yet.  The first of the reunion shows is on December 27th so they'll start showing around that time. 

ah, thanks. i had assumed the shows had happened and these were leftovers.

2 hours ago, copelandkid said:

one of those times i regret not being enough of a regular here to get the joke haha

stl_ben is just our resident flipper who obnoxiously embraces the lucrative vinyl aftermarket, so a few of us enjoy fucking with him.  There was a while where we all implied he enjoyed anal gaping.  I think he blocked a few of us after that, or at least just me.

Update ... picked up the vinyl here at the show. The “alternate artwork” is actually a slip cover...and the “new band pressing” is the white with splatter that went up recently.. but bad news .... it’s pressed by SRC. ... ugh. 100% would not have bought it had I known. 

Gonna spin it tonight when I get home but here’s to hoping it doesn’t sound like absolute garbage. 

On 12/28/2018 at 1:21 PM, omik11303 said:

Can anyone confirm that this pressing is equally as noisy/bad as the first? I'd happily suffer aftermarket prices if it was a good pressing, but it seems like that likelihood is slim...

also curious if they screwed up the gapless playback again, awful stuff

• tokimedo changed the title to P.O. Now: Lydia - Illuminate (15th Anniversary)