Came across a huge collection of 33's & 45's

I am new to the board, and hoping I can get help figuring out what to do:

I just inherited a huge collection of 33's and 45's that were in storage, and wondering where to look to find out if any of it is valuable or rare. I haven't had a chance to get a count of how many are in each, or even an inventory of titles. Many 33's look to be of the Classic Rock variety, a few Deutsche Gramaphone classical pressings, and other foreign classical imports.

Any help would be appreciated.

Samer

none of what you have is worth money, do not waste your tiime

there is a good chance you will find a handful in there worth 5-10 dollars, however, by then you will have spent about 10 hours researching them and another 5 hours taking pictures, listing them on ebay, packaging them, etc. Making your net pay roughly 3 dollars an hour.

none of what you have is worth money, do not waste your tiime

there is a good chance you will find a handful in there worth 5-10 dollars, however, by then you will have spent about 10 hours researching them and another 5 hours taking pictures, listing them on ebay, packaging them, etc. Making your net pay roughly 3 dollars an hour.

Don't listen to these people, they don't know what you have in there, people on this board don't really know anything about records released before 1990 or collecting as s serious hobby, and they don't know whats in your collection there. It only takes 1 record to make it worth your time.

Last year I got my hands on an old collection of 45's, about 30 boxes of them, dating from the early 50's to the mid 80's, and while a lot was not worth money, many of them were. I sold 60 of them on eBay and made $1,400.

Condition is king with older records, 1st presses are typically important as well. It is going to be the artists you never heard of that are probably worth the money. For example I had a 45 from a guy named Champion Jack Dupree, never heard of the dude but the song sounded interesting, not only was it a great 45, that one went for 100 bucks and probably would have went for more if I started the bidding higher as it was in the price guide as 300-400.

I will PM with some word files that will help you price things. Keep in mind guides price for NM condition so I like to cut prices by 1/4th to get a responsible price. Popsike is only good if the record has sold on eBay, I came across a ton that were not listed on popsike when going over mine.

I think you should listen to them as well. One of the best things I have done in years was go through the records and play them, often I stopped them half way into a track, but I found some great stuff that I love. Digging into old records is FUN! Regardless of what you can sell.

When you say huge, how huge of a collection you have?

Some things currently going well are rockabilly records and northern soul, anything on a small label geared toward black music tends to be sought after these days. Look out for Sun label stuff, Elvis can make you a lot of money if you have the right ones, and there are a ton. Expect to ship a lot of Rockabilly and Elvis overseas if you sell on eBay, international is a must with older records.

^ Agreed. I could have written off my Dad's old collection of blues records but I did not and there were a few were worth upwards of $100 on eBay. I chose to keep all the records, as they were worth more to me than the money but you can certainly make a good amount on 1st pressings that are in good/great condition. It's definitely worth a little time and research.

yeah piece those fuckers out it's time consuming but you could make some bank. Like some of the other guys here I bought a bulk lot of three thousand 45's for $100 and about about a quarter of the way through I sold one 45 for $250.00 and four more for $100.00 each. As other people have mentioned northern soul & rockabilly sell damn well

I'd say it's definitely worth your time. Like many others here have already attested to, you don't know what's in there. 98% of it may be worth a couple bucks, but that last 2% could be wortha decent amount.

And if there's any Springsteen in there, hit me up. I have a good amount of it, but could always use more.

The last few posts here are all good advice. When I am bored I start digging around online and without much work you can easily find hundreds of records you have never heard of worth a ton of money.

Another super easy way is just search 45, LP or record on ebay. Search the completed listings and start with highest price first. Tons of records that you would never ever think to look at twice at a garage sale or flea market can fetch big money. This might not help you with the specific lot you have now but it's a good easy education on the types of records people are after.