Anyone into zines?

I think I had chatted with a few people here about zines before, but ah well... Holy shit I wrote a book!

::)

OHNOTHEROBOT Zine - The First Five Years

“I firmly believed that every farewell should be sealed with both a kiss and a final fuck you. A relationship ousted with a whimper was sadder than a slap in the face. Besides, crawling back after saying goodbye was ultimately more depressing than faux-farewells. This is why it’s always a good idea to turn down break-up sex, which had the slimy reputation as being the best kind of sex…”

-“Firebomb”, OHNO!THEROBOT #6

http://www.etsy.com/listing/67931461/ohnotherobot-zine-the-first-five-years

OHNO!THEROBOT – The First Five Years

84 pgs.

Perfect bound, silk-screened covers, hand-numbered out of a first edition of 44.

Nostalgia is a wicked, dirty thing. What else could explain drunk dialing, hoarding years-old love letters or Googling ex-whatevers? But somehow nostalgia, like the most perfect shitty relationship, has a way of getting better as you get older. Getting dumped in the rain somehow seems warmer, even sort of funny. And throwing up in secret behind the dumpster at your first job never tasted so good.

OHNO!THEROBOT was a zine that existed as a document of tragic punk rock, vagrant’s love and chasing everything that would destroy you. Over its run of five issues, OHNO!THEROBOT developed into some strange world unto itself, with familiar characters and telltale vignettes that are guaranteed to never quite work out for anyone. Weirder yet, the collection of stories, when examined under the thick lens of nostalgia, actually comes together better as a novella in lieu of a sporadically-self-published fanzine.

OHNO!THEROBOT – The First Five Years is a haunting blend of near-fictional accounts of doomed crushes, shit jobs and shittier friends, bike crashes, car crashes, whirlwind family, terrible punk bands and inviting error of every and any kind.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/67931461/ohnotherobot-zine-the-first-five-years

Reviews:

“Aside from being immensely entertaining, the stories are well executed, containing a healthy dose of biting sarcasm and self-deprecation.”

- Punk Planet

“Any fans of Aaron Cometbus or Al Burian’s style of personal narrative would do themselves a great favor to discover Chris Morin’s heartfelt and introspective writing.”

- Razorcake Magazine

“In a genre where people often commit atrocities, this zine stands tall, a decent example of why it’s a good idea for creative writers to publish their own work.”

- Maximum Rock and Roll

[image]