Fantasy Baseball?

drabley

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I've sent out PM invites, but for anybody else that's interested, read on. Note that this is different than Drabley's keeper league on page one. This is a non-keeper league.

Head on over to http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/

and click "Join a league". Then, select "Join a custom league" and enter the League ID (87969) and the password (rekkidz).

Stats/positions are listed below, but everything, including draft time is up for discussion/change. If you have concerns about league parameters, let's try to keep the discussion to the group page on Yahoo. See you on the diamond!

-Smail

Season Type: Full

Draft Type: Live Standard Draft

Draft Time: Thu Mar 24 7:00pm CDT

Max Teams: 12

Scoring Type: Head-to-Head

Player Universe: All baseball

New Players Become Available: As soon as Yahoo! adds them

Max Moves: No maximum

Max Trades: No maximum

Trade Reject Time: 2

Trade End Date: August 28, 2011

Allow Draft Pick Trades: No

Waiver Time: 2 days

Waiver Type: Continual rolling list

Can't Cut List Provider: None

Trade Review: League Votes

Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules

Max Acquisitions per Week: No maximum

Min Innings Pitched: 24

Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow

Start Scoring on: Week 1

Playoffs: Week 23, 24 and 25 (6 teams) Note: Week 25 runs 10 days from Sep 19 to Sep 28

Divisions: No

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, Util, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, DL, DL

Batters Stat Categories: Runs ®, Hits (H), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG)

Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Holds (HLD), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP)

holy hell thats a huge roster... pass.

I thought you might say that ;)

Keep in mind that if everyone who expressed interest joins, we'll only have ten teams (6 currently). With a smaller number of teams, you can keep a large roster and still have plenty of good talent on the waiver wire. Personally, I think that larger rosters allow more flexibility and competition for both sides of stats, but particularly pitchers (IP, W, H, SV, but weighed against the risk of high ERA and WHIP).

If we max out at 12 teams, I can definitely understand and would agree with dropping some positions, say BN, BN, RP, and P, and lowering the IP requirement to better match the new positions. Join if you want, but, like I said, everything's up for discussion.

• 3 months later...

Hey VC managers,

Due to a sad situation, we've had a manager that needs to drop out of the league. He is willing to release his players, so I've posted a couple of proposals for handling his roster on the yahoo league message board, and need your input. Timing is important. For the fairest handling of the situation, we need to reach a decision this week. Of course, if you would like to propose another option, feel free to share it on the league message board as well. Thanks for your attention,

-Mike

• 2 months later...
congrats to Spokane Indians for kicking my ass last week. I had a shitty week, but I think I would've been dominated anyway. Turned out to be a pretty competitive season, although after using them for a full season I can definitely say I prefer ESPN to Yahoo.

I would love to know who was the Spokane Indians and if you live in Spokane? Either way great team name.

congrats to Spokane Indians for kicking my ass last week. I had a shitty week, but I think I would've been dominated anyway. Turned out to be a pretty competitive season, although after using them for a full season I can definitely say I prefer ESPN to Yahoo.

I would love to know who was the Spokane Indians and if you live in Spokane? Either way great team name.

I'm the Spokane Indians, and no, I don't live there. For my fantasy team names, I always pick minor league, international, or defunct teams from the same sport. I try to stick with teams with slick logos/uniform sets, like Spokane, but fielding ~4 teams every season can make that tricky!

I'm the Spokane Indians, and no, I don't live there. For my fantasy team names, I always pick minor league, international, or defunct teams from the same sport. I try to stick with teams with slick logos/uniform sets, like Spokane, but fielding ~4 teams every season can make that tricky!

Awesome, was just curious as most people have no clue who the Spokane Indians are unless you live here.

• 5 months later...