Toronto Ontario Record Stores

Yes! If you email [email protected] we can get you a special order put through so your copies are reserved. We do not charge you until you pick up so you are able to order all four titles. Just send your name, that you want to pick up at the TORONTO store which items you want and phone number so we can call when they are in stock.

Gonna do this.

I didn't see Dead Dog Records on Bloor at Brock mentioned, so thought I'd add them to the thread. They seem to be right up my alley for what they tend to carry (used punk/emo and beyond) but are by no means limited to that. They have very excellent pricing too, seems like instead of pricing things at discogs average (or above) they consider what a reasonable price is and go with it. Seems like a very customer friendly method. Out of the way for me, but a regular place I visit.

TRS carries amazing titles and harder to find pressings, but you pay for the convenience and security/peace of mind of buying it first hand and checking it out yourself. I won't regularly buy things, but sometimes it's the only place that has titles I would like to have on my shelf.

• 2 weeks later...

Play De Record is moving at the end of February from Yonge Street to Chinatown on Spadina: http://trc.daily-beat.com/news/2016/02/torontos-last-og-record-shop-is-leaving-yonge-street/

I don't know why people are so surprised by this. I mean they've been flirting with closing for the last like 5 years.

Rotate This is having their moving sale right now for those interested: http://www.rotate.com/hello-world/

Starting Friday Feb 5, until we start packing up for the move on Monday Feb 22:

20% OFF ALL regularly priced WHITE STICKER VINYL

30% OFF ALL USED PURPLE STICKER VINYL

20% OFF ALL BOX SETS

10% OFF ALL YELLOW NEW RELEASE STICKER VINYL

50% OFF ALL SALE PRICED RED STICKER VINYL

The only thing not discounted are consignment items, tickets, and GREEN price stickers.

Just made it to Rotate today. Good stuff available for pretty cheap - a fair amount of decent stuff in the half off sale bin for $4-10 after discounts. A ton of Flaming Lips RSD stuff for pennies, plus a bunch of recent BFRSD stuff, that lousy recent Pixies album, etc. 30% off used is also pretty good because they had some decent stuff. Got a copy of Four Tet's Rounds for $14, a near new version of the newest Born Ruffians for $10, a Be Good Tanya's LP, and a bunch of cheap stuff amongst the sale stuff.

• 3 years later...

Well this made my day much sadder: https://www.junerecords.com/pages/all-things-must-pass-june-records-on-662-college-street-will-be-closing?fbclid=IwAR0ygQvLN94oXQaObW-aG7TheQvfzLf1_Ceg5jet3TCBu1L83Z2ksFBjb5Q

So bummed. Ever since Criminal Records closed, June has been my favourite store in Toronto. Friendliest staff, best prices on used vinyl even if the selection was (likely intentionally) small. Such a good place for all kinds of non pop/rock/indie music, and they definitely steered me towards some amazing Brazilian and other reissue stuff. I'm hoping they can relocate and keep up the similar approach....

13 minutes ago, Sidney Crosley said:

Wasn't my fav store when I lived in Toronto, but that's a huge bummer.  Whenever I was in Little Italy I always made an effort to stop by.