Graveface Record Club

deafmx

I'm pretty sure my record store had another copy of the Archival Series version of Two Conversations, and it was about $12 as well. If anybody is looking for it, I can probably swing by next week and grab it.

I'd be interested if you can pick it up. $12 plus shipping? I'll also pm you this.

ok seriously ryan, any way the devoted record club members can get our hands on these delicious records!?

;)

Soon!  They aren't limited so don't fear.  I got crazy sick for a few weeks and basically pushed this back from a 7/1 start date to an 8/1 start date.  Of course, the retail copies were set to go live at the same time so basically indie retail has an exclusive right this second.  That being said indie retail only has 2 out of the 15 total archival releases. 

Anyone gonna be at the Pitchfork festival this weekend? 

All I'm saying is New Fumes being added to Graveface is like your favorite baseball team acquiring Verlander. He's a stud in the vinyl community and could maximize overall sales instead of limited sales because people can't buy the 150$ price tag.

Let's say the average vinyl collecting fan pulls out 3 bands that they like per Graveface...

150$x300 subscribers = 45,000$

Let's say each New Fume record sold separately was 30$ (that sounds like a fair price right?)

and an edition of 500

30x500=15,000

Looks loose but in my example, I'd buy all 3 Whirr, Xiu Xiu, Stargazer Lilies

So if an average fan of the label bought 3 records per annual release there'd be

30x500=15,000 x 3= 45,000$ (the same amount as 300 subscribers)

A buyer becomes more flexible to buy certain releases over time vs one large purchase of bands I may not be into. Hell, I might end up spending more (when shipping over time is calculated) for 5 bands but I ultimately spend 150$ but got to pick and choose which bands I wanted at the time I wanted...)

My numbers might be unrealistic for the amount New Fumes can get done on a yearly basis... though

Just exploring options from a label in general!

Oh it's definitely spiced up! And I'm definitely not trying to come from a negative place of proposal. In fact if I had the money I'd subscribe in a heartbeat and do the trading model. At any rate keep on keepin on, looking forward to SWAY, gonna grab it at the local shop in San Diego M Theory! (Please make sure they get plenty of copies! :D)

I quit reading when I noticed it's Wildflange and probably totally dumb.

Soon!  They aren't limited so don't fear.  I got crazy sick for a few weeks and basically pushed this back from a 7/1 start date to an 8/1 start date.  Of course, the retail copies were set to go live at the same time so basically indie retail has an exclusive right this second.  That being said indie retail only has 2 out of the 15 total archival releases. 

Anyone gonna be at the Pitchfork festival this weekend? 

Not limited at all?

That seems highly unusual...

Not limited at all?

That seems highly unusual...

Well I guess technically they're limited to 1000, but the whole point is to attempt to get into a flow where nothing ever goes out of print unless we want it to for whatever reason.  So there will be variants throughout the life of the albums but I'm desperately trying to be a real label in the sense of consistency.  Like you never have to worry about Distressor or Two Conversations or Eating Us or whatever going bye bye for any period of time.  So the archival series is simply that - hence it not being a true fundraiser or anything.  Just bringing attention to all these back catalogue titles.  Because of current distribution and PR models, we (labels) have gotten in the habit of only looking forward and almost never behind, unless something has sudden value to it.  I personally want to break away from that.    

What the hell did I just type? 

Totally cool in my opinion.. just seemed like such a departure from the typical business of an independent label.

So is it safe to assume at this point that the archival series will not feature anything that has never been available on vinyl prior to the series?

It's just an assortment of GF stuff.  Things like as if by ghosts and oh ramona as well as new versions of peregrine and pipe dreams and then just straight up represses.  Most of the represses have new packaging though as they had the old GF addy. 

As if By Ghosts and Oh Ramona!?!?
Very cool!!
I've been hoping that AiBG would be in this series, but the Hostpital Ships sweetens the deal.

Ok... now I just need to chill the fuck out and wait for this indiegogo thing to go down.
This is the most exciting bit of news related to this so far, imo.

:o

Next RC releases according to graveface.com:

GRAVE104 Whirr 'Pipe Dreams Redux' LP (TBA- vinyl hand-poured by Daniel Huffman)

GRAVE109 Gramma's Boyfriend LP/CD (TBA - vinyl hand-poured by Daniel Huffman)

GRAVE113 Night School 'Heart Beat' EP (TBA - vinyl hand-poured by Daniel Huffman)

GRAVE115 The Appleseed Cast 'Peregrine' 2XLP (TBA - vinyl hand-poured by Daniel Huffman)

GRAVE116 The Marshmallow Ghosts 2014 7" w/ book (TBA - hand-poured by New Fumes)

GRAVE118 Whirr 'Sway' (9/23 - hand-poured by New Fumes)

Next RC releases according to graveface.com:

GRAVE104 Whirr 'Pipe Dreams Redux' LP (TBA- vinyl hand-poured by Daniel Huffman)

GRAVE109 Gramma's Boyfriend LP/CD (TBA - vinyl hand-poured by Daniel Huffman)

GRAVE113 Night School 'Heart Beat' EP (TBA - vinyl hand-poured by Daniel Huffman)

GRAVE115 The Appleseed Cast 'Peregrine' 2XLP (TBA - vinyl hand-poured by Daniel Huffman)

GRAVE116 The Marshmallow Ghosts 2014 7" w/ book (TBA - hand-poured by New Fumes)

GRAVE118 Whirr 'Sway' (9/23 - hand-poured by New Fumes)

saw that but didnt know it was a new version.  i guess its not more than a remastered 2LP though (was thinking maybe "re-envisioned" at first, but that seems unlikely)