Graveface Record Club

deafmx

I don't think you can get any of those anymore, Waters are you sure you got the RC version of Distressor and Two Conversations?

Edit: Check out Dreamend!

Whoops- nope, you are totally right, was doing that from memory at work- got those two elsewhere recently- let me try that again-

Got Whirr "around", Haley Bonar, Stargazer Lilies, and Casket Girls.

Sorry for the confusion- picked up a bunch of Graveface stuff recently

The Two Conversations and Distressor are the archival though, and look really nice

I don't think you can get any of those anymore, Waters are you sure you got the RC version of Distressor and Two Conversations?

Edit: Check out Dreamend!

Where did I say anything was guaranteed? $12 in shops is a really good deal I didn't know that.

My grammar stinks, left out the COMMA - I was agreeing with you Shlebs that you can't always get past things RC after you join, or whatever you want, guaranteed - (if that is indeed what you are writing in the first quote) 

Last year it became a logistical nightmare for RG to try and meet everyone's back pressing desires, so he said pretty much it's the next 10 when you sign up, and if any are available when you sign up, the current release counts as #1.  You can still email Olivia though and she will talk to the boss.

My grammar stinks, left out the COMMA - I was agreeing with you Shlebs that you can't always get past things RC after you join, or whatever you want, guaranteed - (if that is indeed what you are writing in the first quote) 

Last year it became a logistical nightmare for RG to try and meet everyone's back pressing desires, so he said pretty much it's the next 10 when you sign up, and if any are available when you sign up, the current release counts as #1.  You can still email Olivia though and she will talk to the boss.

Hey now!

I'm technically fine with people getting whatever, it just got totally bonkers last year for some reason.  If I didn't have Olivia to keep track of it all at this point I'd be VERY against it.  ;)

As a RC member, I'm not seeing the benefit of 'pre-ordering' most of the stuff (Retail "Archival" releases that cost >50% more shipped than people have been buying in B&M shops already) that is going to be pressed in large numbers, except that it helps the liquidity/cash flow of a great label -- to keep the motor churning a little smoother. And keep it above water.

I know it's not like last year's at all as RG said, but am I way off the mark - what am I missing ?

Why pay now what you can get later and bundle in with Club package, except for a few things that might sell out of your size?

Oh, GF for life (knucklebump)!

I would say the Kickstarter is not really meant for Record Clubbers.  RC'ers are taken care of (those that are paid up).  So you never have to worry about missing anything etc.  We have a list price in stores of $15.98 as of 30 days ago but it's obviously up to the stores how much they charge.  We charge $15 plus shipping for our releases on our site ($19).  This Kickstarter isn't even about $$ up front for Graveface.  Rather it's just a way to put everything I've been working on into one place.  You dig?  Knucklebump back!!

I guess what I'm unclear about is... is there a date that we have to "pre-order" these by? Also, are they limited? Basically - am I in any rush to throw money down on these guys?

There is no rush.  This is simply a way for me to combine everything I'm working on.  Most are runs of 1000, a few 500 and some 2000. 

Hey now!

I'm technically fine with people getting whatever, it just got totally bonkers last year for some reason.  If I didn't have Olivia to keep track of it all at this point I'd be VERY against it.  ;)

I would say the Kickstarter is not really meant for Record Clubbers.  RC'ers are taken care of (those that are paid up).  So you never have to worry about missing anything etc.  We have a list price in stores of $15.98 as of 30 days ago but it's obviously up to the stores how much they charge.  We charge $15 plus shipping for our releases on our site ($19).  This Kickstarter isn't even about $$ up front for Graveface.  Rather it's just a way to put everything I've been working on into one place.  You dig?  Knucklebump back!!

:)  :wub:  :)

What email would you like RC emails to go to?  Check your spam/junk as well. 

I just got an email from Olivia about something else, so I know things aren't going to junk. As long as any other emails from Graveface go to the same address it should be fine. I just never got any email about the Kickstarter. No worries, I just don't want to miss out on anything important in the future. Thanks for checking though Ryan!

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone on here in the Graveface Record Club wanting to sell me their record club variant of Whirr's new album coming out in like a month?  Really been wanting to get an album poured by Daniel Huffman, but of a band I like of course and I'm excited for this release. Realize it's a long shot, but I'd appreciate any help!

Just subscribed a couple days ago! Excited to get my first package, which should be the new Haley Bonar/Whirr. I just have a couple questions. Is there a way to order an album and just have it shipped with my next RC package so I can save on shipping? Do CDs/tapes come with Freddy points as well, or are they just included with LPs? Do they send you any sort of shipping notification/tracking number?

Just subscribed a couple days ago! Excited to get my first package, which should be the new Haley Bonar/Whirr. I just have a couple questions. Is there a way to order an album and just have it shipped with my next RC package so I can save on shipping? Do CDs/tapes come with Freddy points as well, or are they just included with LPs? Do they send you any sort of shipping notification/tracking number?

To add stuff just email [email protected], she'll help you out. Also, every release comes with one Freddy point, so for example Whirr gets you one, regardless on how many formats you get

It.

When you buy something from the shop, say like the retail version of Whirr (which I am about ready to do), just put a note on the Paypal statement to Olivia to have it shipped with the club package. Realize, though the prices are already PPD, and I don't remember them reducing the price to have everything shipped together. However again, sometimes things don't sell really fast, and several times last year after I had ordered and paid for the retail when it came out - I specifically remember the 180gm Black Whirr Around -- Ryan offered it to club members for $10 instead of $16 retail. Wish I had waited, however, you didn't know if that variant was going to sell out.

I'm pretty sure just Freddy's with LPs.

Inflation has hit Freddy points like everything else, but still cool. I think I'm sitting on about 30, but I know others have been in for 5+ years and saving up the for that Graveface homemade box.

Awesome. Thanks for the answers. Anyone know about shipping confirmation though?

Most of the time I did not get a shipping confirmation, you just get an RC mail with the digital download and a timeframe when stuff is supposed to go out.

Edit: Apparently people in the US get a shipping confirmation for everything, so  what I said only stands true for people abroad.