Graveface Record Club

deafmx

they posted hand pours on ig months ago. I think it'll be aight...

I'm sure it will be...but remember how the hand pours destroyed the plates somehow? Just wondering why there haven't been any updates. Not a huge deal, just being impatient waiting for this. ::shrug::

I forget where I saw it now, but I seem to remember Ryan saying something about the handpours "breaking the parts" or something to that effect and having to have new ones made. It'll be worth it in the end though, I'm sure!

Yeah I think it's because rather than like a blob of vinyl being pressed flat it's a bunch of smaller pieces getting pushed flat. I figure the smaller pieces mess it up. Have you seen a vid of the process? It's pretty neat.

Yeah I think it's because rather than like a blob of vinyl being pressed flat it's a bunch of smaller pieces getting pushed flat. I figure the smaller pieces mess it up. Have you seen a vid of the process? It's pretty neat.

I haven't watched a hand pour video. Sounds pretty neat though, and that makes sense.

Also, found the quote!:

Thought I would put this here as neither Peregrine nor the Archival Series seem to have a dedicated page, this is from a Kickstarter backer mail that just went out:

"The Appleseed Cast 'Peregrine' 2XLP - The Record Club copies have been done for a month but creating them destroyed all the parts.  So we've had to remake those.  Hoping for a Sept release on this one."

Yeah, I think that typically records are pressed from "biscuits" of extruded PVC that is sliced off in pieces much like a biscuit and then they go into the press with the labels on them already.

With these, I think they take a handful of colored PVC pellets and dump those into an extruder (basically a screw where the threads get closer and closer toward the end (it's actually the pressure more than the temp that melts them)) which meter the melted resin into the pressing plate area and the label is applied afterward (which is why some of the handpours never came with labels for other releases (FLips stuff))
That's my packaging engineer assumption, anyways...

• 4 weeks later...

::sigh:: Still just waiting on Peregrine. I can't get excited about anything else Graveface related until there's more news about it.

he posted in the record club facebook group that he just got the hand pours in and they should go out in the nov shipment. along with dreamend - as if by ghosts, and the mystery RSD black friday split release.

between the oct and nov shipments us clubbers will be getting 7 records in the mail!

i cant wait

he posted in the record club facebook group that he just got the hand pours in and they should go out in the nov shipment. along with dreamend - as if by ghosts, and the mystery RSD black friday split release.

between the oct and nov shipments us clubbers will be getting 7 records in the mail!

i cant wait

They had the hand pours forever ago. Just waiting for news on the retail pressing.

• 2 weeks later...