Graveface Record Club

deafmx

Haha yea he dropped that in there all casually.

So Record Club is 140/10=14 bucks a record

I'm down for like 7 out of the 10.

Dang, it's really hit or miss with those New Fumes records though

Record club also gets a shirt every year too, the last one they put out is one of my favorite things to wear :D

Back this up for a second. New Whirr full-length? This September? Am I reading this right?

I am pretty much complete on Whirr, but their direction on paper (reviews) doesn't hit my ears the same way and I'm losing interest. Not bad, but I don't look forward to Around as much as their previous material.

The punk banter is just a sideshow, and hope not a smokescreen that they have lost their mojo. 

This new full-length really needs to POP or I'm moving on..

I am pretty much complete on Whirr, but their direction on paper (reviews) doesn't hit my ears the same way and I'm losing interest. Not bad, but I don't look forward to Around as much as their previous material.

The punk banter is just a sideshow, and hope not a smokescreen that they have lost their mojo. 

This new full-length really needs to POP or I'm moving on..

I thought Around and the two splits were miles above Pipe Dreams. Did you like the two splits?

I do like their contributions on the Splits and the songs on June, PTPS. The Twist Single RSD I got on a trade a while back - lucky as one just went off on ebaY for $45+.

Pipe dreams, maybe 1/2 of it I like, and the other 1/2 is meh/ ok. "Pipe Dreams Redux" slated on Graveface - I don't know what to think.

Around was billed as being more of a postrock direction per GF introduction, so I was kinda pumped.  I don't dislike it  -especially compared to all the dreck out there! -but just don't get stoked to listen to it as Distressor.  So I regret buying all the Around variants to be completist for an album that I don't look all that forward to.

Since I'm posting, here is my pour of Creepoid, Wet.  Shoot me a PM if anyone is hot. I listened to mp3's but have not cleaned or spun this. 

IMG_0880.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ryan had a poll a long time ago for it. I voted for the first Dreamend release, but I think Hospital Ships - Oh Ramona won. My second choice would have been a Monster Movie release, but Hospital Ships are alright.

Does that label look like it could be art from Oh Ramona? I don't know what that one looks like.

so I just discovered Haley Bonar! Great stuff, I may guess that some of you in this club, might not be into her stuff? I may be wrong, but if anyone is looking to get rid of their RC edition I will buy it off you! Nothing crazy, somewhere above cost, as I am not a huge fan or anything, but would like to own the RC edition! 

PM me if interested! Thanks guys! 

so I just discovered Haley Bonar! Great stuff, I may guess that some of you in this club, might not be into her stuff? I may be wrong, but if anyone is looking to get rid of their RC edition I will buy it off you! Nothing crazy, somewhere above cost, as I am not a huge fan or anything, but would like to own the RC edition! 

PM me if interested! Thanks guys! 

I'd definitely recommend checking out her entire catalog.  It's incredible.  Of all her albums, I think my favorite is still her (semi)debut 'The Size of Planets'.  Amazing album, and you can definitely tell there's some Alan Sparhawk/LOW influences there.  'Golder' turned into an instant classic for me as well.  Glad to see she's getting the recognition she deserves.