from personal experience, how reliable is SRC?

From personal experience, they are probably the best I have ever ordered from. Their customer service is excellent, and they are willing to go out of their way to make sure their customers are happy.

They had an order of mine sent out late because a record wasn't in stock and they e-mailed me a $10 off coupon even though I didn't complain or anything.

Wish I could have taken Danny up on the job offer!

Guest vinyldoa

only thing I ever bought (or tired to buy) from them was the la dispute/touche amore 7". it wasn't too clearly marked that it wasn't actually in stock but it was being ordered (my fault for not reading). still nothing after a month and a halfish. I contacted them and got a refund quickly so I have no complaints. they seem pretty great though, lots of good stuff

Great customer service. Only time I've really had a problem they fixed it right away. And I didn't e-mail them, instead I took the low road and I pouted on here. They look up on the boards, and they contacted me and took care of it no problem.

There is still a Gaslight Anthem 10" import that I'm waiting on, but I think there was a hold up on production or something. I'm not too worried though, I know it'll show up eventually. Until then I still have the 2x7" to listen to.

well, unless you guys are all in a cult, this sounds good. thanks for your comments. i may have order something not in stock, its been "shipping tommorow" for 2-3 weeks now, ever since i tried contacting them. They offer better postage for me than interpunk and i liked what they had, im glad to hear about your experiences.

thanks

Wasn't an almost identical thread started yesterday and filled with just as much negative feedback as there was positive? It almost looks like SRC went through and edited posts as well as the topic title.

I can't seem to find the other thread I'm referring to but I'll try.

That's interesting...

I've had nothing but excellent dealings with them.

They get 100% for customer service. I've ordered more than 15 times, had 2 small issues. They handled it lightning quick with responding to my emails. Actually one of the errors was they duped a record order....but I only payed for one. I let them know and they said I could keep it.

I've sent many emails to Jenna with questions or combining orders, and ALWAYS get a response quickly. Even A few times within minutes of sending the email. They've always combined orders upon request and refund me the shipping.....

As I said 100%....and if they do make a mistake, there's never a problem with communication with them and they handle it.

I've placed one order through SRC and had it screwed up. I bought the following on November 7, 2010:

1 x Hear The Sirens - Anywhere But Home 7"

1 x Arcade Fire - The Suburbs

1 x NOFX/The Spits 7"

NOFX 7" was on preorder, so of course they wouldn't ship everything until that was in. I think it was slated to leave the second week December. Got a 'shipment' notice on December 20, 2010. Christmas and New Years came. No records. Finally emailed them because the holidays wouldn't have held up the stuff that long. Got quick replies each time. The tracking # provided on the 20th never registered but this was due to the records not actually being shipped. Exchanged some more emails with Danny. Apparently, Arcade Fire was out of stock. They printed the address label and prepped for mailing but realized it was out of stock. So that's why it took so long.

The records finally arrived on January 24, 2011. The longest I've ever waited for anything purchased online. I stated my slight frustration and Danny gave me a code to get 15% off my next order.

All this to say: I'd still order from them, regardless of this experience. Their customer service is the best. We all know how some of these distros are and SRC isn't like the rest.