awesome summer jobs!!!!

Go be a park attendant at a parks & rec. You drive around the park in a fucking gator getting paid $9-$11 (depending on size of park). You will have to clean shelters before and after rentals, but out of working 7 hours, you might only actually work an hour.

There's always money in the banana stand.

For about a 6-month stretch I was a professional poker player. Just grinded $10 sng's all day everyday to make the $1500/mo I needed to survive while looking for a job. It's an easy skillset to learn and almost anyone with patience and discipline can do it.

how does one become a 'professional' in the poker field?

also, i could not do this. worst poker face ever.

Every summer in college, I worked as a summer camp counselor for 5-to-7-year-olds. Best job ever. Pay was pretty good, I had every night and weekend off (except Thursday nights), plus I got to be outdoors all day long and got a free lunch every day. I lost weight, got tan, saved cash and got to hit on hot single moms for three months straight.

When I was younger I used to clean shit and walk dogs at a few different dog kennels. Easy job, decent pay, usually cute girls work at these places too.

This made me LOL. I am sure it's not as bad as I am making it out, but I love that the first response to "awesome summer jobs!!!!" is:

Clean shit.

pizza delivery is the best summer job

I hated delivering pizza.

The worst part was everything other than delivering pizza.

I had to clean toilets, do dishes, make pizzas, sweep up the cigarette butts (that all the assholes who were too stupid to put them in the coffee can that was there for that purpose), mop, prep ingredients and so on.

Everyone who I worked with was a tweaker, and I always used to get called in.

Thanks a lot Papa John Schnatter

[image]

I do still like his pizza though.

I had to clean toilets, do dishes, make pizzas, sweep up the cigarette butts (that all the assholes who were too stupid to put them in the coffee can that was there for that purpose), mop, prep ingredients and so on.

[image]

That's why you work at a small pizza joint. All I had to do there was take out trash and deliver pizza. You can make bank.

When I was younger I used to clean shit and walk dogs at a few different dog kennels. Easy job, decent pay, usually cute girls work at these places too.

This made me LOL. I am sure it's not as bad as I am making it out, but I love that the first response to "awesome summer jobs!!!!" is:

Clean shit.

This post made me laugh too. I was a Veterinary Technician for two summers. One of my duties was unfortunately wrapping the dead animals in body bags. One piece of advice: always put them in butt first. I actually don't recommend the vet tech route - low pay and you are around way too many sick and dying animals. Plus one of the Vets spent every day telling me how much his life sucked and I shouldn't pursue his profession. He drove home in a Mercedes to a virtual mansion every night but I guess money doesn't buy happiness.

My list of other summer jobs I've held:

Door to Door Vacuum Salesman (lasted three days)

Gas Attendant (not a bad gig actually)

Fence Painter (the worst)

Camp Counselor

Caddy (awesome if you like the sport)

Valet Parker (Don't lie that you know how to drive stick - it'll be your first car)

Photo Developer (Oh the things you will see!)

Ok, that's enough but I'm missing a few.

Every summer in college, I worked as a summer camp counselor for 5-to-7-year-olds. Best job ever. Pay was pretty good, I had every night and weekend off (except Thursday nights), plus I got to be outdoors all day long and got a free lunch every day. I lost weight, got tan, saved cash and got to hit on hot single moms for three months straight.

I did the same thing. Was fun, but could be a bit much at times. I only worked at a day camp, but the field trips were brutal.

I did the same thing. Was fun, but could be a bit much at times. I only worked at a day camp, but the field trips were brutal.

Yeah, ours was a day camp, too. We did field trips every Wednesday but they were almost always to the exact same place, a bandshell at a local park where the park district brought in childrens' performers every week. Super-easy way to kill an afternoon. Of course, any time we tried to deviate from that field trip plan, like go to the ice rink or the Discovery Center (a big, indoor kids' science center), it was total chaos.

Clean shit.

oh, you silly kids from jersey! ;]

also, speaking of vets, they actually make a lot less than doctors and go through as much school with more stringent admissions criteria.

[image]

I worked for Papa John's through high school. I was the absolute worst employee. I used to dry my hands, walk outside and throw the crumpled paper towels up into the hook of the "j" in "John's" on the front of the building. I got caught hiding in the walk-in fridge drinking slurpees during Summer too. I also changed names in the computer so that certain numbers would bring up "Name: Burt Reynolds" or "Name: Poop". Worst ever!

also, speaking of vets, they actually make a lot less than doctors and go through as much school with more stringent admissions criteria.

He convinced me to leave the Veterinary Track. Now I work in the high-glamor field of documentary producing. That summer's experience helped me figure out a lot though I had to have my cats injured tail operated on recently to the tune of $1400 so I think he has been doing alright.

He convinced me to leave the Veterinary Track. Now I work in the high-glamor field of documentary producing. That summer's experience helped me figure out a lot though I had to have my cats injured tail operated on recently to the tune of $1400 so I think he has been doing alright.

haha, yeah. not saying they don't make a lot, but compared to other professions with the same amount of required schooling:

http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Veterinarian/Salary

my best friend's long-time girlfriend is going to upenn to be a vet and i think he said when she graduates she'll be in debt somewhere in the $200k range. oof.