I want my MTV back!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate the good old days. Those who never shut up about the past are doomed to be boring. Ever forward!

in this instance i totally disagree. besides the good ol' days were awesome that i remember. $3 to $5 records ppd. $12 for major concerts, mtv had videos, woolworth and records had a nice vinyl section. Major label bands sold merch for the price of punk rock bands now. Road trips were inexpensive. movies were $3 at the drive-in. how is reminiscing about the past a bad thing?

I get what you're leading too, but in this instance MTV was better then than it is now. THere is really no denying that. Unless youre saying they've progressed in some way.

I do like how they put the song title/artist of the song playing in the shows. They also have the playlists for each show on the MTV site. And they've been playing some pretty cool tunes that wouldn't usually be on an MTV music video countdown.

Also I'm addicted to Teen Mom.

like rocky votolato being played on teen mom last night! ;]

i love how much play miniature tigers and tokyo police club have gotten during shore & skins lately.

and one thing that can be said for skins is that the music on that show (every episode from uk season 1-present) is always fuckin ace. the soundtrack is usually as much a part of the show as the acting.

I'd rather watch Jersey Shore than Duran Duran videos.

But I do miss that 3 month period where the top 2 videos in the country were Danzig "Mother" and Salt n Pepa featuring En Vogue "Whatta Man"

You do know there was more than just Duran Duran Videos at that time. It was no Night Flight but there were tons of awesome videos in the early 80's besides "Hungry Like The Wolf". They were the first ones to make a video on a BOAT even before "stepbros" and "lonely island" :P

Speaking of TeEN Mom? So what's the thing with the mom and her daughter and the whole custody batter ? who wound up with custody of her kid? Has their aggro relationship come to fisticuffs yet? I'm so behind on it.

Speaking of TeEN Mom? So what's the thing with the mom and her daughter and the whole custody batter ? who wound up with custody of her kid? Has their aggro relationship come to fisticuffs yet? I'm so behind on it.

I don't know but her mom's lisp cracks me the fuck up everytime.

"You don't how to waise your kid!" "You need to look faw a weal job!"

I'd rather watch Jersey Shore than Duran Duran videos.

But I do miss that 3 month period where the top 2 videos in the country were Danzig "Mother" and Salt n Pepa featuring En Vogue "Whatta Man"

You do know there was more than just Duran Duran Videos at that time. It was no Night Flight but there were tons of awesome videos in the early 80's besides "Hungry Like The Wolf". They were the first ones to make a video on a BOAT even before "stepbros" and "lonely island" :P

O HAI SISTAFRIEND, LEMME UPDATECHU.

the crazy daughter signed over custody to the crazy mom. the crazy daughter's boyfriend is a worthless pot head without a job. they've been crashing at random places together since she got kicked out, and she's supposed to be going to college somewhere. she got a job, the boyfriend didnt, and they cant afford an apartment together so her mom let them stay at her house. THEN they were smoking pot in her mom's front yard and the crazy mom caught them and said the worthless boyfriend couldn't stay there but the crazy daughter could, and they both left and the crazy daughter just whined and cried that if the worthless boyfriend had to move back home to wherever she would have no one to love her.

ANDNOWYOUAREALLCAUGHTUP!

With all the blogs and such, would a throwback MTV even serve a purpose? I mean, really. I can keep tabs on whatever scene I'm into across multiple continents with a few clicks of the mouse.

People that want to listen to music and have an interest in hearing new and exciting things (NOT referring to Arcade Fire here...) will find a way to regardless of what anal seepage MTV passes off as entertainment.

MTV should just fuck off entirely.