what's the most you've ever spent on a record?

Guest vinyldoa

$200 for a copy of Hum's You'd Prefer an Astronaut on green vinyl.

I'd been pussyfooting around for so long trying to get a copy that when one went up on ebay with a buy it now price I just couldn't stop myself.

I've been holding out for some goddamn Hum represses for too many years. I know I will one day bite the bullet and spend way too much on Astronaut, Downward and Electra.

There was a guy on eBay not all that long ago that sold a Hum lot that consisted of pretty much everything including 7s and he was asking $400. That actually wasn't a bad price. I was just trying to find it on CollectorsFrenzy but he must not have put it in the record category.

110 for alchemy index. -___-

Lucky. Some dude on here made me feel like I was getting a great deal on Alchemy. I had just seen it go for $400 on ebay. He hurried me into buying it off him for $260.

I'm an idiot.

Jesus. Im amazed this goes for this much. I'd gladly sell mine if someone wants to throw $300-$400 at me. My cousin who dosent even collect or listens to records has one buried in his closet and dosent wanna give it up for whatever reason.

$40 ITTCT tour press of ATEBTS

Never heard of that band until I heard them open for Russian Circles a few months back. They had that record for sale but not even knowing who/what they were I didn't get it. Went to get it at the end of the show, and it was gone. :-/

And now I'm still chasing after it.

But I just got word that there is a reprint coming. So horray.

$200 for a copy of Hum's You'd Prefer an Astronaut on green vinyl.

I've been holding out for some goddamn Hum represses for too many years. I know I will one day bite the bullet and spend way too much on Astronaut, Downward and Electra.

I scored Electra from amazon.de a couple months back! It was less than $50, but i really want Astronaut now!

So the old topper was Aenima at $160... but I sold it.

New champions:

eels - electro ($177)

cake - fashion ($123)

gj - junkies ($99)

Paid waaay too much:

3EB - blue (sealed... for $100)

Finch - WIITB ($50 ...sounds mediocre... no title track... blame DT)

Its going to suck when you have to explain to your teenager that you cant afford to get them braces cause you spent 400 dollars on a Saves the day album when you were younger.

Can't he just sell it? Also $400 will cover about 3 teeth.

Well that is assuming that in 18 years people still give a shit about that album and it hasnt been repressed yadda yadda, and what if they had everyhing BUT 400 dollars to cover it?