what's the most you've ever spent on a record?

Guest vinyldoa

Alright.. I will allow it.

And I agree.. I want Superunknown.  I'm hoping for a reissue soon.

Moral to the story is to ALWAYS visit Phil's Records in Latonia from time to time.  Apparently those guys don't always really look into how much an album is worth before they price it.  I haven't seen a steal like that one since, but there's always a chance.

Moral to the story is to ALWAYS visit Phil's Records in Latonia from time to time.  Apparently those guys don't always really look into how much an album is worth before they price it.  I haven't seen a steal like that one since, but there's always a chance.

Not to derail this thread, but did you see his Facebook post about changing the store hours and having problems?  That shop should be booming right now and he's struggling.  Probably because it seems like he moves it every eighteen months. 

Not to derail this thread, but did you see his Facebook post about changing the store hours and having problems?  That shop should be booming right now and he's struggling.  Probably because it seems like he moves it every eighteen months. 

It doesn't surprise me at all that they are struggling.  Here's why:

1.  The shop is run by old-timers that are not embracing the re-emergence of the vinyl format.  They are running the shop as if it was still 1970.

2.  furthermore, they HATE record store day and anything affiliated with it.  they didn't even participate in black friday RSD.

3.  i know you've said they have been nice to you each time you've been there, but that's not what i've encountered.  they mope, long-faces, bitch and complain about everything and everyone.

If they don't start accepting things for the way they are now, start being more pleasant people and START playing music in their store that is more inviting to people (particularly the younger crowd), they WILL continue to struggle and ultimately fail to keep the doors open.  that's just my opinion though...

The rarest record I own: Lloyd Cole & The Commotions’ unreleased debut single, “Down At The Mission.” Not to be confused with “Down On Mission Street” from Rattlesnakes, this song never saw the light of day anywhere else. They were about to self-release it when they changed their minds, and they got a record deal soon after. The B-side was the demo to “Are You Ready To Be Heartbroken?” Nobody knows how many of these singles managed to leak out, but I’m sure glad to have it. Spent about $150 on it via mail order from the UK about 10 years ago, plus maybe $20 shipping.

• 1 year later...