what's the most you've ever spent on a record?

Guest vinyldoa

• 2 weeks later...

I just nearly doubled my previous one and spent $150 + shipping from Europe for a Sigur Rós - Ágætis Byrjun test press. It's my 3rd copy of the record and I feel like it's a pretty good deal for a Sigur Rós test considering OG copies can go for that much. I really only have two records left to get my collection complete to my satisfaction. I'd still take a ( ) or Valtari test press but I'm not holding out for those, and yes, I know the ( ) test is on eBay right now.

I spent 130 a few years ago to buy Hum - Downward is Heavenward (OP - Blue). I found it in the new used section of my local store a day after I got to see them live in KC in 2011. Apparently a guy from the same town I was from traded in one of his two OP's to make enough money to go see the show. I wish I knew who he was to thank him!!!!!!!

Guest Secular Haze

The first record I ever bought was the most expensive one.

It cost me:

• My sanity
  • My dignity
  • My freedom
  • My sanity

$400.00 on The XX self titled Sculpture of an Album edition.    #001/500

How could I be so crazy to spend that much on that album?  It's my favorite album, and I can't imagine there being a more sought after version of this album than 001/500.  I never see the first of any edition available, not to mention my favorite album's 001.  

I imagine 20/500 is pretty sought after B)

Bought that RHP box set earlier this year, £103. I suppose that's 4 albums though

Plus that's a pretty neat price. People are paying double or nearly triple the dough for it.

I've made it a rule to never spend over $50 for a record, rather wait for a repress.  The whole limited aspect of collecting isn't for me.

That's how I roll, too. I broke the rule like fifty times, but it's still a rule, isn't it?