Who hates their fans more?

So you guys are now hating Coheed because of a story you read in this thread?

Wow that stuff on the internet is 100% true I hear.

on warped a few years back my booth was next to theirs for about 1.5 weeks... you had to spend at least 15 dollars to get a wrist band to wait in like to have them sign something.... and nothing was like less than $10... so you had to spend $20 min... and then they made everyone wait around for an unnanounced signing time.... and NO PICTURES ALLOWED... it was super pathetic... we started yelling at them about it. lamest shit ive ever seen from a band on warped

^^ I know a lot of those festival-type concerts and radio-sponsored conerts tend to to do that shit for any bands willing to do it. Pay for a wristband or CD to get the autopgraph.

The local alternative radio station, Buzz 103.1 sponsors a yearly concert, The Bake Sale. The last year I actually cared enough to go, Against Me! was in the lineup. Earlier in the day they did an acoustic set and then on-air Q&A. Afterwards they did that shit with the "pay for autograph" nonsense...as far as I could tell from standing on the outside of the line and tent, Tom was super uncomfortable with all of this but he was more than willing to oblige fans for pictures and sign anything and everything.

Wow seriously? Fuck this band.

god I already hated them but wtf is that?!

I remember like 15 years ago Corey Feldman was in a "punk band" and they played a bar in NW Indiana that some over 21 friends went to it and they said he was charging $10 for autographs, lulz(on top of the band sucking)

...all in all, I think if I had to choose, I'd still pick a Corey Feldman fronted band over ever having to hear another C&C song.

the dollar thing, absolutely

douche to fans? i wouldnt say that. i just dont think theyve ever gotten comfortable with how big they got, and how crazy and obsessive i their fans can be.

from everything ive heard, and even my experiences in talking to him, he comes off as a quiet and shy personality who would rather not hear girls screaming that they love him during play crack the sky.

Also this. I love Brand New like none other, but I agree they don't really give a fuck about fans. They'd probably prefer to have stayed small so Jesse could've quit that bitch years ago to go solo. Now with all the expectations from fans they feel obligated to keep performing. They bitch about it in the lyrics all the time.

i wouldn't say hate but they like to milk it quite a bit. i remember coheed was autographing stuff 5-6 years ago at their show & they wanted like $15 to autograph a cd plus the cost of the cd

I don't think that's true. 5 or 6 years ago they played two nights in a row at The Troubadour in Hollywood. I went both nights and on the second night the drummer broke his crash cymbal in the middle of their set. I don't know if it was random dumb luck or if they'd noticed my big ass upfront both nights but they handed me the cymbal and at the end of the night all signed it.

They didn't charge me and were super cool about it.

As for them charging people at warped tour for autographs... well they aren't the only band who does that. That doesn't make it ok at all, I'm just saying they didn't invent the practice or anything.

i wouldn't say hate but they like to milk it quite a bit. i remember coheed was autographing stuff 5-6 years ago at their show & they wanted like $15 to autograph a cd plus the cost of the cd

I don't think that's true. 5 or 6 years ago they played two nights in a row at The Troubadour in Hollywood. I went both nights and on the second night the drummer broke his crash cymbal in the middle of their set. I don't know if it was random dumb luck or if they'd noticed my big ass upfront both nights but they handed me the cymbal and at the end of the night all signed it.

They didn't charge me and were super cool about it.

As for them charging people at warped tour for autographs... well they aren't the only band who does that. That doesn't make it ok at all, I'm just saying they didn't invent the practice or anything.

i Saw it happen dude the two people i was with both bought the cd & had it signed. this was at tower city amphitheater in cleveland if anyone else was there. it might have been the same deal that flood mentioned but still essentially it's no different.

personally, if a bunch of morons wanna sit around and get me to scribble my name on something, and they will gladly fork over 10 or 15 bucks for it, id totally do it to.

believe me, i hate rock star bullshit more than most people, and love calling out people and bands for retarded shit.

but on the other hand, once your band gets big enough, you cant please everyone. I personally watched Pearl Jam spend about 2 hours of time shaking hands, autographing stuff, anddoing general meet and greet type stuff, and got through hundreds and hundreds of fans, but ended up leaving to get ready for the show after a couple hours and still got boos and people pissed off bitching about how big of jerks they were, and how they didnt even take the time to meet everyone, etc. There were at least 2 or 3 thousand fans out there waiting, and it would have taken all day to get through them all, and im sure it was the same at every show in every town every day.

lets not get on our high horses and pretend that if we were in a big successful band we would dedicate our entire days to going online and chatting up kids, and giving out free handjobs to our fans and pandering to their every whim about what color the vinyl should be and what price it should be set at, etc.

My friend was telling me about this the other day:

"The band performed at Lollapalooza in Chicago on August 2, 2008, where Lacey openly showed disgust for his audience's decision to not instead attend a set by Explosions in the Sky, who were playing on another stage. At one point, Lacey said to the audience, "you're all fools." Jesse Lacey violently threw a guitar in the direction of drummer Brian Lane at the end of the set, breaking it, and left the stage." - http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=462051

So yeah, put this on top of other Jesse Lacey horror stories and my vote easily goes to Brand New. Whether he's serious about it or not, it's still lame.

"The band performed at Lollapalooza in Chicago on August 2, 2008, where Lacey openly showed disgust for his audience's decision to not instead attend a set by Explosions in the Sky, who were playing on another stage. At one point, Lacey said to the audience, "you're all fools." Jesse Lacey violently threw a guitar in the direction of drummer Brian Lane at the end of the set, breaking it, and left the stage." - http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=462051

So yeah, put this on top of other Jesse Lacey horror stories and my vote easily goes to Brand New. Whether he's serious about it or not, it's still lame.

that guitar toss was fucking epic. and he didnt "leave the stage", their set was over.

and as far as calling people fools, thats only an issue if youre a sensitive little bitch. hell, he was probably pissed that they got screwed into playing at the same time as explosions. every show of theirs ive seen going back to 07, theyve played explosions over the PA during the intermission leading up to their set.

totally random, but this just reminded me of the first time i saw them back in 04, and they played william hung's album leading into their set. lolz.

Yeah, i don't really count that as a jesse lacey horror story. when i saw jesse lacey on his solo tour with kevin devine, everybody was taking pictures of him for about 20 or so minutes non stop. So he stopped playing and told people to stop taking pictures. Not a dick move in my opinion. You're there to hear the music, not there to take 100 different pictures of him doing to same thing.

if i were super popular id be so pissed if people were screaming i love you, or whoooo! in the middle of me getting into my songs.

i absolutely love it when an artist stops in mid song to tell people to shut the fuck up, or go outside if you want to talk, etc.

also, if you are gonna whine about someone saying you are a fool from stage you should probably put someone like slipknot on here who call their fans maggots. but people dont go home and cry about how much that band hates their fans.

Yeah, i don't really count that as a jesse lacey horror story. when i saw jesse lacey on his solo tour with kevin devine, everybody was taking pictures of him for about 20 or so minutes non stop. So he stopped playing and told people to stop taking pictures. Not a dick move in my opinion. You're there to hear the music, not there to take 100 different pictures of him doing to same thing.

personally, i greatly enjoy taking photos of bands. it actually drives me crazy to not take photos during a band's set.

if you dont' want people to take your photo, you shouldn't make your life's career being the front man of a touring band.

personally, i greatly enjoy taking photos of bands. it actually drives me crazy to not take photos during a band's set.

if you dont' want people to take your photo, you shouldn't make your life's career being the front man of a touring band.

Well, more people greatly enjoy people not standing in front of them to take pictures.

Well, more people greatly enjoy people not standing in front of them to take pictures.

9 times out of 10, if im taking photos of a band, ill position myself off to the side and not in anyones way. and more often than not, other people will jump into me/shove me out of the way anyways. and i greatly enjoy not being kicked in the head, but whaddayagonnado? they paid to get in just like i did.