else

document.write('+':zevanops]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

i really liked Music, Grassroots, and Self Titled when i was a kid. i remember enjoying transistor as well, but stopped following them shortly after that.

i have a very fond memory of buying transistor on it's release date and jumping off the top bunk of my bunk bed during the first song, and making it skip to the -0:00 secret track, and it tripped me out.

i showed everyone at school the next day.

They used to do that hidden Transistor intro as the intro to their concerts...it was pretty awesome. I wish they would go back to that.

Travis...Definitely after From Chaos is when they started releasing less-than-stellar albums. But I do enjoy Evolver and Uplifter. Don't Tread On Me was pretty awful though.

They used to do that hidden Transistor intro as the intro to their concerts...it was pretty awesome. I wish they would go back to that.

Travis...Definitely after From Chaos is when they started releasing less-than-stellar albums. But I do enjoy Evolver and Uplifter. Don't Tread On Me was pretty awful though.

Yea Ive listened to all 3 of those and cant get into them at all.

From Chaos is probably my favorite album of theirs tho.

I saw 311 in 1995 in Gainesville. Some asshole puked all over the dance floor, then another person did. It was everywhere.Then all the fuckers were dancing in it, falling in it, some even flicking it at their friends. I had to leave so that I didn't add to the mess myself. I couldn't look seriously at 311 again since this was the audience I associated with them.

Happy 311 Day though.

Every band in the world has some douche bag fans, some more than others.

311 doesnt get enough credit for being as good of musicians as they are.

Their drummer is incredible. I was a big 311 fan in high school. Loved the s/t album, grassroots and music. I just couldn't get into Transistor when it came out so I haven't really payed much attention to them since.

Their video, Enlarged to Show Detail, was pretty sweet. Half of the damn thing is the band smoking ridiculous amounts of weed. Good times... good times...

Yea 311 have always been a great live band as well. Except the last time I saw them was when they were touring for Uplifter and it was awful. I think most of the songs were from the last 3 albums and I didnt know any of them and I left like half way thru. They didnt sound that great either, I was pretty shocked. Every other time Ive seen them they have been great.

Yea 311 have always been a great live band as well. Except the last time I saw them was when they were touring for Uplifter and it was awful. I think most of the songs were from the last 3 albums and I didnt know any of them and I left like half way thru. They didnt sound that great either, I was pretty shocked. Every other time Ive seen them they have been great.

You should have stayed I bet they busted out some old songs towards the end.

Travis...I know exactly the tour your talking about...it was awful. I've seen 311 more times than I can count and that's the only show that I can say that it was terrible. They ALWAYS mix up their sets...every night is a completely different set. But for some reason, for that tour they decided to play their greatest hits and play the same set every night. Turrible.

But if you've ever been to one of their summer Unity tours, then you can bet it's going to be an awesome show. They're always busting out rarities and oldies at every show.

It's awesome seeing 311 love on a non 311 board.

311 fan from way back. I'm actually wearing the 3 eleven 7-11 style logo shirt today :D

Yeah, I decided to give the last two another listen since I dismissed them and haven't liked much of any of their stuff since Evolver. It's funny, I know you guys said since From Chaos, but I like Evolver more. It seemed like they were stretching out their creative legs more on it. From Chaos, while great, felt like treading water, blending all the stuff that had made them popular in the past.

So, it turned out, I like Don't Tread On Me *way* better than I did when it came out!

Uplifter still sounds bland as hell...sigh.

How would you guys rank the albums? Here's my (probably strange to some) list:

1. Soundsystem

2. Transistor

3. Music

4. Grassroots

5. 311

6. Evolver

7. From Chaos

8. Don't Tread on Me

9. Uplifter

HAPPY 311 DAY!!

Music

Grassroots

Transistor

Soundsystem

From Chaos

Uplifter

Evolver

Blue Album

Don't Tread On Me

I don't know why y'all don't enjoy Uplifter...it has some amazing songs on it.Sun Come Through, Get Down, Golden Sunlight....awesome.

Tread has some gems....Long for the Flowers and Speak Easy are awesome.

I've loved 311 since '96 or so... I was 12 or 13 at the time. My birthday was the day before Soundsystem came out and my mom was able to talk the local record store into selling it to her early so I had it on my birthday. That was pretty awesome! I've lost count of how many times I've seen them live, but its never been a let down.

One of my favorite stories from one of their shows,

My best friend and I were in a band, and we became really close to a guy that ran a club here in town who was also into 311. We joked around all the time, always making immature comments to each other. My mom, sister, friend and I were at a show a few years back, and our buddy, the club owner is being walked out by security after the first opening band. He stops and starts talking to us about how he was getting tossed out because the security people didn't believe that he was the Budweiser rep sitting in the special box seats or something. (for the record, he was not a Bud rep, just wasted.) So we continue talking, and eventually says "I'll suck your fucking dick." Security eventually takes him away, and my 12 or 13 year old sister says "Do you know that guy?"

Happy 311 Day!

happy to see a few 311 fans on the VC board. today I listened to From Chaos and Uplifter.

while I have definitely shifted listening tastes away from 311 the past couple years, they were a big part of my youth and introduction to music. S/T and Transistor are very nostalgic for me.

My rankings

1. S/T

2. Transistor

3. Grassroots

4. Music

5. Soundsystem

6. From Chaos

7. Uplifter

8. Don't Tread On Me

9. Evolver

Almost forgot about 311 day. Don't wanna be a downer but as time goes on I seem to care less and less. Seems like they downgrade after every three albums. I still stick up for them though and live they're usually great.

1. S/T

2. Grassroots

3. Music

4. Soundsytem

5. From Chaos

6. Transistor

7. Uplifter

8. Evolver

9. Don't Tread On Me