Any comic book readers?

I definitely like it so far, I think it's really going to pick up in the next couple issues.

Yeah I think so also! See, this is something I can honestly say has potential, I just don't see where East of West is going to get all the hype that everyone else seems to think it has...

East of West isn't bad, but yeah it's kind of hard to see the direction. I'm sure the next few issues will clear things up a bit. At least I hope so. Worst case scenario, you can dump the issues on eBay if you're not feeling it. People seem to be eating it up.

Picked up Lazarus on a whim last week, too. I probably shouldn't have read it so late at night, as I was pretty confused after finishing. Probably gonna reread it this weekend.

I'm going to go through this thread later for recomendations. I have been getting insanely into TPBs lately. I've just been reading all the obvious suff like Frank Miller and Alan Moore.

We are addicted to comics too!   We have over 58,000 different comic book titles on our website!     We also run a comic book shop here in San Luis Obispo CA called Captain Nemo Comics & Games. :)

We are having a special this month for Vinyl Collective members - check out this post for details on how to save 10% on your order!  

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/91157-10-discount-for-vinyl-collective-members-a-free-45-adapter-sticker/

We are currently adding more and more comics every day to our website so keep checkin' back and you'll never know what you find!   We have some awesome stuff.  :)

Yes, image comics are tops, as stated above. Chew/clone/blackacre/comeback/turf/saga(oh my god august can't get here fast enough - how dare they take a vacation :) ) Can't get a nuff lately. Its cut into my record buying! New x-files is out. Waiting for a few more issues to come out before reading. Artwork looks good. Been enjoying brian woods run on star wars over @ darkhorse too.

About to give up on floppys every month and just deal in trades or ohh soo nice hardback omnibusses. Aside from more money its just too short a read and frustrates me to wait every month.

what are you picking up?

• Chew #35
  • East of West #4
  • Ghosted #1
  • Great Pacific #8
  • Peter Panzerfaust #12
  • Sheltered #1
  • Star Wars #7
  • Walking Dead #112

Was going to drop Great Pacific, but #7 actually started to show some signs of life. Man was that first arc a drag, though...

I think there's something else, but it isn't coming to me off the top of my head. (Star Wars is technically for a buddy, but I give it a read before giving it to him anyway)

Regarding the other books, East of West was great this month. I'm a huge fan of Hickman's work, and this is shaping up to be one of his best. Loved the dialogue especially in this issue.

Sheltered also has a ton of potential. Great first issue, definitely left me craving another issue ASAP.

The only other one I thumbed through tonight was Great Pacific, which wasn't bad, but was pretty much what I expected after last issue's cliffhanger. I just don't have it in me to give up on this one. (For whatever reason)

I haven't read the others yet  :(